Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Rpg?

Newbie bone may be famous one day bone may be famous one day bone's Avatar
    Thanks

Ps2 Rpg?

What's the best RPG out there for PS2 at present? I desperately need a decent game, and I don't want to waste money on a game that looks to have good graphics but end up being a horrible game.

Any help appreciated.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Are you prepared to import?

Otaku Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru's Avatar
    Thanks
    It really depends on what you qualify as good or as the best... Just a matter of taste. But for me... any Final Fantasy title is good enough for hours of play... and if I'm not mistaken Tales of Symphonia is going to be released, or already is, for the PS2 too... So maybe you can check that one out...

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    depends, ones to look for are Xenosaga, or FFX or FFX-2-funny little game this one is, other than that, I don't know, I haven't played games in months *TOO MUCH WORK TO DO DAMN IT"

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree, your FF's are your best bet, but its all a matter of taste.

The end is important in all things.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    PS2 RPGs? Try these.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
    .hack vol.1-4
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2 (more of a fanboyish game)
    Phantom Brave

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with most of the games mentioned above except for one game... FFX-2. It was a disappointement for me.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It's just a matter of taste since there are way too many PS2 RPGS to be able to buy them all (Not to mention that some of them are crappy/hard to find.) But these are ones that I reccommend.

FFX - Gripping story, lovable characters, and a battle system that brings strategy to the Turn-based battle system. The Sphere Grid brought massive amount of customization to your characters. The only major gripe that I have about the game is the fact that it's linear. You don't get to stray off to do sidequests and such till the very end of the game. Did I mention that it's 40+ hours? With a cost of only $20, there is no reason to pick up this masterpiece.

Champions of Norrath - Put the forgettable story aside and you have a game that took the fun of "Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance" and reworked and polished it until it shined even more than before. The action takes steps away from the button-mashing of other dungeon crawlers and brings more strategy into the genre. With the different strategies required for many of the enemies, and the huge amount of spells and items collect, the game constantly changes over time. Highly recommended if you have friends that you could play this game with since it's not as enjoyable single player.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - The great thing about Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is that it's deceptively deep in scope. At first, without any access to menus, it seems almost basic; a straightforward turn-based RPG with dark themes and cool music. But the farther you explore (and once you can check your character's stats out), the more it becomes apparent that the game really offers more than you'd expect. With a Mature storyline that doesn't exactly rely on gore, bad language, and sexual themes (Even though there are instances of all of those) to make it "Mature" and a "Pokemon meets Crack" monster raising system I'm sure this make will make some decent controvery somewhere along the lines. Get it before it gets banned.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast