Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Rpg?

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
    .hack vol.1-4
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2 (Which I liked, and I'm a girl e.e )
    I agree on those -- but PS2 has dissapointed me with many RPGs. Try KINGDOM HEARTS !! That game was sooo mush fun! I also suggest playing original PS games -- always the best. Try any FF, Chrono Cross or Breath of Fire III and IV -- I would suggest PS RPGs, because simply, the PS2 sucks.
    Last edited by mamimi_rue; Nov 25, 2004 at 12:33 PM. Reason: to add a sugestion
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Star Ocean - Till the End of Time is release. It could be a great RPG to try.

Also all FF game could be good too.
    Coming soon.........

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have to agree that the Final Fantasy titles on the Ps2 are terrific games. I bought a Ps2 ( well I got it for my birthday...) just to finally be able to pass FFX. And I saw the trailer of FFXII....oh man, I'm getting that one for sure. I don't know the story yet, but it seems kinda bizare...and the cutscenes just keep getting better and better.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    It seems everyone agrees that most or all FF games are good to play. Shadow hearts is pretty fun game. Chrono Trigger is always fun to play.

Otaku Haruka X may be famous one day Haruka X may be famous one day Haruka X's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, I agree... FFX is the best one on PS2 so far. Although my favorite game(s) on PS2 is Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Silent Hill 2.. They're pretty good but FFX is the best one that I would recommend too.

Newbie kanki may be famous one day kanki may be famous one day kanki's Avatar
    Thanks
    i strongly suggest Shadow Hearts series. both 1 and 2.
    graphic maybe not as good as Final Fantasy. but abt the storyline, and gameplay.. it's simply outstanding.
    they merge the history with the fiction quite perfectly.
    what else do u wan?
    interesting characters, not only the main character is being emphaized on, the sub characters too, have their specialty in their own field of fighting.
    and, u can customize the magic used by the characters by equippin' crests.
    tons of sub-quests that keep u occupied for days.

We are all rowing the boat of fate
    The waves keep on coming and we can’t escape
    But if we ever get lost on our way
    The waves will guide you through another day

Newbie Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Recomendations from me are as follows:

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    . hack 1-4
    FFX
    FFX-2
    Chrono Trigger
    Shadow Hearts 1 & 2

Most of these have already been recommended by just about everyone else that has replied, but I am going to tell again just for some positive reinforcement !!

Newbie Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking
    It's just a matter of taste since there are way too many PS2 RPGS to be able to buy them all (Not to mention that some of them are crappy/hard to find.) But these are ones that I reccommend.

FFX - Gripping story, lovable characters, and a battle system that brings strategy to the Turn-based battle system. The Sphere Grid brought massive amount of customization to your characters. The only major gripe that I have about the game is the fact that it's linear. You don't get to stray off to do sidequests and such till the very end of the game. Did I mention that it's 40+ hours? With a cost of only $20, there is no reason to pick up this masterpiece.

Champions of Norrath - Put the forgettable story aside and you have a game that took the fun of "Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance" and reworked and polished it until it shined even more than before. The action takes steps away from the button-mashing of other dungeon crawlers and brings more strategy into the genre. With the different strategies required for many of the enemies, and the huge amount of spells and items collect, the game constantly changes over time. Highly recommended if you have friends that you could play this game with since it's not as enjoyable single player.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - The great thing about Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is that it's deceptively deep in scope. At first, without any access to menus, it seems almost basic; a straightforward turn-based RPG with dark themes and cool music. But the farther you explore (and once you can check your character's stats out), the more it becomes apparent that the game really offers more than you'd expect. With a Mature storyline that doesn't exactly rely on gore, bad language, and sexual themes (Even though there are instances of all of those) to make it "Mature" and a "Pokemon meets Crack" monster raising system I'm sure this make will make some decent controvery somewhere along the lines. Get it before it gets banned.

SMT:Nocturne is an awesome game, and by the way good description. Thumbs up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast