Thread: ps2/xbox on pc?

Newbie D.F.Ledin may be famous one day D.F.Ledin may be famous one day
    Thanks

ps2/xbox on pc?

I got a pc that came with a tv tunner car (the pc i have is an hp with a 3GHz processor and a gig of RAM). I tried hooking up the the xbox to the tv tuner, i can see it on the monitor, but it delays when i press a button i see the effect about 2-3 seconds later (the same prob. for the ps2). I thought it could be fixed by buying a video card, so i did, but it still has the same effect. The pc also has the rgb cables on front, i also tried that... but didnt work, and im all out of ideas. Any help will be greatly appreatiated. thanks

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ps2/xbox on pc?

It sounds like the TV tuner card is taking longer than it should to bring the data flowing into it to your monitor. This is possibly because of either out dated drivers, or a bad card. I would suggest going to the website for both the TV tuner card and your video card and downloading their latest drivers. If that doesn't help then you should get on the phone with the company because you may have a defective card.

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks

make sure the tv tuner is set to live playback and not record since record would make video playback lag as it dumps data onto the hd.

Thanks

The video card is new, jus bought it yesterday and got the drivers updated. but i am haveing trouble finding drivers for the tv tuner. this is what is under the device manager:

connexant 23880 video capture (blackbird NTSC Dual-input)

Conexant 2388x Crossbar Dual Input

Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder (Dual-Input)

Conexant 2388x Tuner (Philips 1236 MK3)

I went to the Conexant webcite but all they have are modem drivers :-|. Oh and i cant find the live playback option anywere. Thanks everyone for the help

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I searched on the web a bit and discovered that Conexant could care less about hosting drivers other than the modem drivers you mentioned. I found absolutly nothing. If you still have the CD's from the computer try and find one with the drivers for the capture card and reinstall them, hopefully that will work. If it doesn't I would call up HP if the card came with the computer, or Conexant if it did not. If the card came with the computer perhaps HP can get you newer drivers right off the bat. If it didn't they'll just brush you off.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

try www.driversguide.com for your drivers. I've had pretty good luck there. You'll have to register an account but it's a repository for all sorts of drivers and stuff. I've found some out of the way drivers from long dead companies there. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky.

Thanks

well i pretty mutch tried everything and nothing really seemed to work. Ill try a diffrent tuner card that actually has updated drivers. Thanks for all your help guys those were some really great suggestions.