Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3? Xbox 360? What about the Revolution?

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

PS3? Xbox 360? What about the Revolution?

With all of the threads about the PS3 and Xbox 360 I was surprised to see that no one started a thread about the Nintendo Revolution. Sony and Microsoft arn't the only companies engaging in the next-gen console wars after. For those of you that don't know, the Revolution is the sucessor to the Gamecube and is going to be Nintendo's next system. I'll start out by listing some details about the system.

1. It's more that likely that the Nintendo Revolution is going to cost less than the PS3 and Xbox 360. For gamers that don't want to spend their whole wallet on a next-gen system, this is a warm welcome.

2. Moms and girlfriends will be more likely to play the Revolution. Now I'm sure that there are moms and girlfriends that do play sony's and microsoft's console, the Revolution is much more casual friendly than the other 2 consoles. This is mostly due to the fact that most of the Revolution games with be pick-up and play friendly and offer enhanced multiplayer options.

3. The Xbox 360 and the PS3 support "backwards compatibility" but not as rewarding as the Revolutions. Through Nintendo's Wi-Fi connection service, you will be able to download NES, SNES, and N64 games. Imagine having Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Mario 128. That's 5 generations of AAA quality software on one console. Sony and Microsoft can't compete with that. The Revolution also comes with built in ports that allow you to plug in your GC controllers so that you can play GC games on the Revolution.

4. The new controller design offers tons of gameplay possibilities. The dual-analog setup gives you full 3D movement and manipulation in your games. In a recent video that was shown on the official Nintendo Revolution website, it showed a man cutting an onion, an elderly couple conducting an orchestra, a old man and a little boy fishing, and a man playing baseball. All of this was done with the Revolution's controller. This could enable there to be games that weren't previously possible on other systems and if sucessful, could make games better than they have ever been. It has also been stated that a large number of third party developers are interested in the Revolution's controller. This could lead to a large third party support which was non-existent on the GC and N64.

5. Nintendo is the only place where you can find franchises like the Mario, Metroid, and Zelda series. Not only have every game in these series been excellent but they are also the most well known characters in the video game market. Considering that millions of people have stayed loyal to Nintendo simply because they love these characters and franchises it's easy enough to say that they all will be coming to the Revolution. We could also see the return of some classic nintendo characters (Kid Icarus FPS anyone?). Throw in the fact that the Revolution is going to come Wi-Fi enabled right out of the box (It's been rumored that a new online-enabled Super Smash Bros. will be available at launch day) and you've got one hell of a gaming machine.

Well now that that is now all said and done I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about the Nintendo Revolution and what it's strengths and weaknesses are. I, for one, am very pleased to hear that you will be able to download and play games from Nintendo's older systems. It's pretty safe to say that all of the previous Nintendo games will be downloadable but there are also possibilites of Final Fantasy titles and maybe even Metal Gear titles since both Hideo Kojima and Akitoshi Kawazu showed liking to the Revolution's controller.

I'm also very excited about the Revolution's controller. I pretty much know how FPS games will turn out but how about fighting games? How are racing games going to take advantage of the controller? Will the design of the controller show a large amount of music games being developed for the Revolution? I guess I'll have to wait till 2006 to find out.
    Too cool for a sig.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: PS3? Xbox 360? What about the Revolution?

PS3 rocks harder, in my opinion. But hey, Nintendo Revolution sounds badass as well. Like you said-------we will find out in 2006.

Newbie Ninety-nine may be famous one day Ninety-nine may be famous one day Ninety-nine's Avatar
    Thanks

The biggest problem they're facing is the response of 3rd party developers. Will the developers feel like reprogramming all of their games in order to support the controller? Or will they have to make completely new independent games that will have to be adjusted in order to fully experience the controllers features? Also, what if the 3rd party developers make games supporting the gamecube controller like "sleeve", making it mandatory to buy that peripheral?

And what of it's graphical power and which previous systems' games you can actually download? Goldeneye is owned by Rare, who is now owned by Microsoft(This applies to other companies as well), so how will that transaction work out?

All of these things intrigues me to see what will happen when the system and games come out, therefore I can not say it will be a good or bad console, I will just sit back and wait for the actual results.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

It's the big one for me, 360 and PS3 come in second. I mean granted... all systems have their pros & cons, but Nintendo has never dissapointed me in the past (well except the Virtual-Boy) and I'm confident that they'll keep the quality coming in healthy doses. All I'm wondering is what the Revolution's opening line-up will be.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The thing is that Nintendo has not released a lot of information about the Revolution. It's logical that there isn't as much if discussion about it.

Newbie Dirtybeast may be famous one day Dirtybeast may be famous one day Dirtybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

I've Lost All Respect For Nintendo Since they have shown That Sorry Excuse for a Revolution controller. they have built there next System on a gimmick. That will make thrid party developers un interrested in the Revolution (i'll use a bad example. but look At EA With there already existant Lack of Trying new things do you really think they are going to try to make madden,Nhl, And nba Series Work with that controller) I'll Have to wait And see what developers decide to do but so far nothing this system has to offer interests me

Newbie sonic_ver2 may be famous one day sonic_ver2 may be famous one day sonic_ver2's Avatar
    Thanks

So many hardware thingy. But how about the games?
    There will be some good exclusive game for each console.
    But which one the best? I heard that FF7 remake will be released for PS3, and this release will change people's mind about another console.
    Now how about the game for Nintendo?

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

my girlfriend is hardcore NINTENfreak so we will be getting 1 on launch day.

i just waiting on the xbox360 - issue 1a to be released
    Last edited by ShadowRabbit; Nov 26, 2005 at 05:56 AM.
    Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast