Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3? Xbox 360? What about the Revolution?

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: PS3? Xbox 360? What about the Revolution?

well for me they kinda screwed me by not at least supporting HD. Because non HD gaming systems look like crap on my HDTV's. Thats my first problem so even when I want to play it (like Resident Evil 4) it ends up looking like crap compared to normal television. So its like I'm punished for having and HDTV (it doesn't even support widescreen on that game) 2nd there just aren't enough games. Yes theres Mario, Zelda yada yada but you know I've played about 4 generations of zelda now and yeah they get "Better" but its just getting kinda old that all they limp along on are cashing in on their old franchises time and again without making anything new and without guaranteeing 3rd party support. And dont get me wrong god knows Sony and MS do have the sames issues with constant franchise updates but at least they have enough 3rd party support to offset that margin. I can't get the game I want on the system which renders it useless. I used to be die hard nintendo, I held off getting a Playstation One for forever until the N64 came out only to be let down. For me the glory days are over. When I want to play all the great games they had (god SNES ruled) I'll play them on my old systems. I still have them and I'm not willing to pay again to have them on a new system when they'll look exactly the same. Since if you read they aren't free you'll have to pay something for all of them. I'm sure they wont be pricey but still. I have the carts so I'm happy with that. My buddies got a gamecube and theres about 3 games I loved playing on it. Thats just not enough to warrant buying a system and waiting 8-9 months for that 1 great game of the year to come out. Its part of the reason their sales are down again this year another 21% for consoles and software. Fact is if nintendo didn't kick so much @$$ with handheld gaming they'd be in the same boat Sega was and just having to decide to only make games or call it quits. Nintendo has a fond place in my childhood but unfortunately thats where they are stuck. They have failed on the last 2 systems to capture my adult mind and win me over. 3-4 blockbuster games just aren't enough. They've got to have a squad of solid other titles to back em up. It'll do good in its niche though because yeah it will be cheaper and that'll help those who can't drop down early adopters prices on other consoles. Also its a good kid friendly platform so I wouldn't mind my brother having one but even he kinda likes his Xbox and PS2 more so I dunno if he'd want it or not now.

BTW as much as I WANT it to happen FF7 the remake is a rumor for now. All that the creator said is that he would "like" to do it but with his current scheduling of developments after he finished Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children that he couldn't even start on the game until 2008. And so he's pretty much wrapped up and they only want him to do it. So dont hold your breathe on that one anything soon if ever.
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Nov 26, 2005 at 09:09 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

The revolution is going to be the best thing that happened to nintendo since SNES. The massive library at it's launch is one thing. It will have more games to choose from than the other systems simply because they've been around longer. The controller is finally pulling away from the crowd, which I can see some of our users are being pussies about. And actually Wobbuffetking, the controller is already adaptable to racing games, you can turn the controller as you would a steering wheel in the those games to come. As for fighting games, those games most feature button mashing combos anyway, no real way they can adapt it to a fighting game. The only games for sure they'll have for it as it stands is the next Super Smash Bros. and Metroid Prime 3. No demos or whatnot yet, they're waiting for their zelda game for gamecube to launch before they release further specs on the revolution. Probably at next E3 unfortunately.

When it's all said and done, the revolution will be a hit whether you Xbox and PS3 fans like it or not, and I can't wait to get one.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Well for me, backwards compatibility means absolutely jack shit. I don't care if Nintendo's got every game they ever put out on one system, when I buy a next-gen system I'm looking for new games, not the ability to play the old. Thus, the main selling point of the revolution is lost on me. I've already played those games, I'm done with them. If I get the urge to play 'em again, they're all still up in my attic with the original carts. With that logic in mind, i don't care if PS3 and Xbox 360 are only limited backwards compatibility. I still have my modded PS2 and modded Xbox, those still play my original games and other games from different regions that would become uselss if I relied on the next gen anyway. BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY = OVERRATED. Someone had to say it.

The controller. What a piece of junk. It's nice they've decided to join M$ and Sony in the wireless age, but with a crappy gimmick like this? I mean damn, that's just hideous. They wanna make the controller look like an everyday household item. Well, hate to inform Nintendo, but in my room, my 360's wireless controller sits right next to my TV's remote, as natural as can be. I don't need my controller to look like some old household object that I frequently end up breaking by accident to enjoy a system more.

And lets get to your franchises. Mario. The most whored out character ever, Mario golf, mario tennis, mario basketball, mario ddr, mario sunshine, mario party 1-284. What. The. ****. Last real Mario game was Mario 64 for n64, and it was pretty dissapointing. These titles now are just whoring off the characters, you see them everywhere now, there's no excitement for the next mario game because it's just gonna be more of the same, a cartoony sport game or board game.

Zelda, great game, one of my favs is still Ocarina of time, but I'd like to see Nintendo put some more effort into other games to make them Zelda quality games. Oh yeah, Windwaker was shit, so I'm not counting that one. Zelda's mostly a solid franchise, but I would like to see another game on Nintendo that looks great and doesn't have me swinging swords as a guy in green tights. I would make exception for a decent Robin Hood game though.

Nindendo's library is just pathetic in the new department, as I've said before, I don't give a damn about old games, I want new, so that library means nothing to me and I won't count it. Gamecube gets maybe one must have title a year, a couple of junks, a few multiports that are usually better with the ps2 of xbox controlers... and that's it. Only real big title exclusive by a third party I ever remember for the gamecube was Resident Evil 4, and low and behold, it's on the PS2 now with extra features.

I realise this was all trashing Nintendo's every aspect but hell, I was a huge Nintendo fan back in the day, and now, I just want them to go the way of Sega to make room for the Big Two, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

ZeldaThe Twilight Princess planned for release next year on the gamecube - will be the last Zelda game - by its present creator.

he wants to move onto new stuff.

im just thinking bleach or stars wars with those controllers - sword sim heaven.
    & fps heaven come to that.

i worrying how they're gonna deal with the SFII & III franchise
    Last edited by ShadowRabbit; Nov 26, 2005 at 12:33 PM.
    Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtybeast
    I've Lost All Respect For Nintendo Since they have shown That Sorry Excuse for a Revolution controller. they have built there next System on a gimmick. That will make thrid party developers un interrested in the Revolution (i'll use a bad example. but look At EA With there already existant Lack of Trying new things do you really think they are going to try to make madden,Nhl, And nba Series Work with that controller) I'll Have to wait And see what developers decide to do but so far nothing this system has to offer interests me
    Right, so you no longer have respect for Nintendo because of their controller design? Looks like someone is afraid of innovation...

Personally, this is the console I am looking forward to most. I can only imagine that party games like WarioWare would only become more fun. Also, the motion-sensor controller does seem like something that could be used in many different games.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

[Fact is if nintendo didn't kick so much @$$ with handheld gaming they'd be in the same boat Sega was and just having to decide to only make games or call it quits.
    I seriously doubt that. Nintendo has argubly a much, much larger fanbase than Sony and M$ especially in countries like Japan. I'm sure than these fans alone could feed Nintendo for the next couple of years.

Well for me, backwards compatibility means absolutely jack shit. I don't care if Nintendo's got every game they ever put out on one system, when I buy a next-gen system I'm looking for new games, not the ability to play the old. Thus, the main selling point of the revolution is lost on me. I've already played those games, I'm done with them. If I get the urge to play 'em again, they're all still up in my attic with the original carts. With that logic in mind, i don't care if PS3 and Xbox 360 are only limited backwards compatibility. I still have my modded PS2 and modded Xbox, those still play my original games and other games from different regions that would become uselss if I relied on the next gen anyway. BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY = OVERRATED. Someone had to say it.
    Note that you still have your old systems and have modded your older systems. Not everyone still does that this appeals more to those kind of people though. You prove a stong point though. Another this is that Nintendo has already ported most of their older games to other systems ala the GBA mostly. I already own all of the super mario advances so I won't be buying them once the Revolution comes out and I'm sure that there are people that already own all of the donkey kong, zelda, and metroid ports that have appeared on the GBA but I'm still wondering what else Nintendo will have downloadable. Since there are 3rd party companies suporting Nintendo will they allow Nintendo to have their games from older systems downloadable also? For example: Will Square-Enix allow Nintendo to put downloadable versions of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III ect. on their servers?

[The controller. What a piece of junk. It's nice they've decided to join M$ and Sony in the wireless age, but with a crappy gimmick like this? I mean damn, that's just hideous. They wanna make the controller look like an everyday household item. Well, hate to inform Nintendo, but in my room, my 360's wireless controller sits right next to my TV's remote, as natural as can be. I don't need my controller to look like some old household object that I frequently end up breaking by accident to enjoy a system more.
    Nintendo joined the wireless age when they released the Wavebird controller for the GC. I wouldn't judge the capabilities of a controller just how it's shaped. While it's unique design could be fatal for some types of games it's a godsend for others mainly FPS, music, and possibly even driving games and many 3rd party developers could use that to their advantages. It's the same with the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers. It would be much easier to play music games and FPS games on the Revolution's controller.

And lets get to your franchises. Mario. The most whored out character ever, Mario golf, mario tennis, mario basketball, mario ddr, mario sunshine, mario party 1-284. What. The. ****. Last real Mario game was Mario 64 for n64, and it was pretty dissapointing.
    Why do you think Nintendo continues to make offshoots featuring Nintendo characters? Because people go crazy over them! Even though I find the Mario Party series to be the rehashiest of the rehashy games people still love them. I only have the 6th mario party game and I don't really plan on buying the newly released 7th one but Nintendo will continue to make parties as long as people still want them, and people do. It's the same with the Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. series while are a hell lot better than the party series.

That will make thrid party developers un interrested in the Revolution (i'll use a bad example. but look At EA With there already existant Lack of Trying new things do you really think they are going to try to make madden,Nhl, And nba Series Work with that controller) I'll Have to wait And see what developers decide to do but so far nothing this system has to offer interests me
    You may find yourself slightly surprised. I'm sure that there are a large number of ideas that developers have floating in their mind revolving around the GC controller. There could also be ideas that can't be gone using the Xbox's or PS3's controller. Console controllers have had the same similar design ever since the release of the original NES but Nintendo decided to "test the waters" and try something new. If the Revolution proves to be a huge success, then this could be the next generation console that we were waiting for.
    Last edited by Wobbuffetking; Nov 26, 2005 at 02:44 PM.
    Too cool for a sig.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as the revolution is concerned, Nintendo has always been the main innovator when it comes to technology and ideas, it seems to me that what is happening is that Nintendo is allowing microsoft and sony to battle out the console wars while they as a company build themselves a niche in terms of revolutionary and visionary games and systems, its like Nintendo is biding its time while the big dogs battle it out, re-building its base from the ground-up, also the new controller is very innovative I will give you that and also it depends on the games, I believe Nintendo is going for the all-around multi-purpose controller, also it is realizing that people love to have nostalgia so I believe they are trying to help people relive the good old days. I believe Nintendo will not win the war, but I think they don't want to, they want to bulid a niche market and silently add fans to its base. I am interested to see what other innovations Nintendo will come up with.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

hhhmmmm.... sorri but i lost my faith in Nintedo a long time ago and moved onto PS 1, PS 2 and soon PS 3. I mean the controller doesnt even look like a controller and the thing abt swing ur controller abt doesnt appeal to me anyway.

P.S XBOX 360 got a defects in it. DONT NOT BUY STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast