Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSOne RPG's ~ have always been better !

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks

PSOne RPG's ~ have always been better !

Well, well. I've wanted to bring this topic up for quite some time now, concerning how good RPG's are nowhere to be found lately. So what I guess I'm trying to say is: Original Playstation RPG's are much better! No one can make a decent game, because I think they have spended their time and effort on the graphics and none on gameplay. I mean, some new PS2 RPG's are great as far as storyline, and gameplay.... BUT WHERE ARE THE CRACKED OUT GAMES !! Any of you guys that know O_o about PSOne... oh yeah, know about the games like Vanguard Bandits, Legend of Dragoon, Breath of Fire I - IV, Legend of Legaia, Alundra 1&2, Chrono Cross, FF I- IX, Wild Arms 1 & 2, and some other really great RPG's of that genre that I can't name... but, you know what I mean...

Soooo, WHAT HAPPENED !? I don't see many complex, actully interesting, detailed, quite hard RPG's anymore. I think what blew it all up was Square merging with Enix..*shudder*

Well, hmm, I know many so-so PS2 RPG's I've played, and I know there are more to come... I just would hate for the great RPG's of the PSOne to ever become overruled and forgotten *sob*

Who has a opinion ? Any favorite PSOne RPG's ?
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Newbie Debzie00 may be famous one day Debzie00 may be famous one day Debzie00's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have to agree with you. I can't find many RPGs worth the time of day on Playstation 2. I've played four RPGs since buying my PS2, and I've liked them all but there's basically no others worth it. Mainly because Australia doesn't get a lot of the RPG releases like Suikoden III and if they do, my local Electronics Boutique/Target/Myers don't stock any of them.

Favourite PSX RPGs: Suikoden I & II, Azure Dreams, Breath Of Fire III, Star Ocean 2, Wild Arms, etc etc.

The continuation of Legaia on PS2 is pretty awesome though.
    ° Memories are nice,
    ..but that's all they are. °

± deviantART Page ± Minitokyo Page ± Silent Hill ± Audio Scrobbler Profile ±

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    I also agree. The plot's fairly decent and there a couple of good RPGs for the PS2 but if we are to compare them to the RPGs of PS1, well, I believe you guys get my point.

Final Fantasy IX's my favorite PS1 RPG game, btw.

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think its because video games have become too mainstream of an entertainment these days and mainstream gamers only like to play those instant action type of games like FPS's, Sports, and Fighting games. The truely hardcore gamers, the ones who love all great games from all genres, are the ones who love to play RPG's, and game companies know that there are more casual then hardcore gamers.

PS one RPG's are the better ones, and your right that with RPG's these days there is too much attention to graphics and voiceovers, and 3D, but if you want to compare RPG quality you must include Super Nintendo RPG's. IMO better then PS one's overall.

I little suggestion is that you try out Dark Cloud 2. Its on the PS2 and it is surprisingly good, only problem is the dungeons are randomly generated. Also you gotta try out Tales of Symphonia, KOTOR, and Paper Mario 2, all extremly good RPG's, and very innovative RPG's at that too.

I agree FFIX is the best FF game aside from FFIII on the Super Nin, it has old school style with the cartoony characters and medieval setting.
    Last edited by Juice; Feb 14, 2005 at 04:27 AM.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue

Soooo, WHAT HAPPENED !? I don't see many complex, actully interesting, detailed, quite hard RPG's anymore. I think what blew it all up was Square merging with Enix..*shudder*

Well, hmm, I know many so-so PS2 RPG's I've played, and I know there are more to come... I just would hate for the great RPG's of the PSOne to ever become overruled and forgotten *sob*

Who has a opinion ? Any favorite PSOne RPG's ?
    I compleately agree with you, but there are some Really hard RPG's on the Next-Gen systems. Anyone who's Fought Sin in Final Fantasy X, Played Xeno-Saga, or Beat Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic as a Scoundrel (Which is an incredably weak character, but has strong skills).

But my favorite RPG on the PSone is Final Fantasy VIII. The story is great, I love the customization that you can do, and the Summon CG's are beautiful.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I agree that ps2 hasn't met the standards of its former. I remember the awsomeness of psones' rpg games and they were, indeed, very sick. (good)

As far as ps2, I didn't get that console. I do have X-box and GameCube though. I do believe that "Tales of Symphonia" for gamecube would be a good rpg that most would expect ps2 to make. But, again, they failed to come out with real quality storylines that defeated the purpose of playing. Thats one of the reasons i failed to buy it.

As far as my fav ps1 game, I'd have to say "Legend of Dragoon".. That was just awsome.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    PSOne RPG's ~ have always been better !
    That's just the typical line about how everything was better and cooler before and sucks now...

Although I must say I agree with you

Newbie silverayne may be famous one day silverayne may be famous one day silverayne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Agreed to a certain point, but without a doubt my favorite PSOne game is Final fantasy Tactics!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast