Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PSOne RPG's ~ have always been better !

Newbie Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Debzie00
    I have to agree with you. I can't find many RPGs worth the time of day on Playstation 2. I've played four RPGs since buying my PS2, and I've liked them all but there's basically no others worth it. Mainly because Australia doesn't get a lot of the RPG releases like Suikoden III and if they do, my local Electronics Boutique/Target/Myers don't stock any of them.

Favourite PSX RPGs: Suikoden I & II, Azure Dreams, Breath Of Fire III, Star Ocean 2, Wild Arms, etc etc.

The continuation of Legaia on PS2 is pretty awesome though.

Of course.....best games ever, in my opinion. Though this is very biased, any RPG fan would really have to agree that PSone was far superior to it's successor in terms of RPG's. Square-Enix forming screwed a ton of thing's up, in my opinion. Ever since the merge, thing's have been rapidly decreasing. I hope they do something worthwile, even remakes of awesome games such as Terranigma or Chrono Trigger would turn out to be supremely awesome. Still, I have yet to see any greater RPG's on the PS2 than on the PSone.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    I compleately agree with you, but there are some Really hard RPG's on the Next-Gen systems. Anyone who's Fought Sin in Final Fantasy X, Played Xeno-Saga, or Beat Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic as a Scoundrel (Which is an incredably weak character, but has strong skills).
    I can't say FFX is a very hard game, especially because of the high levels you can reach. The only hard fights in FFX is one of the Seymour battles and Penance (a whopping 12 000 000 hp when you're on a very high level).
    And if you're lucky/lame enough you can win that fight very easily with Yojimbo.

And Kotor wasn't that hard either, I chose the scoundrel into Guardian and even though that's going against the nature of that class it wan't too challenging...
    Last edited by Hassun; Feb 14, 2005 at 12:25 PM.

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    I can't say FFX is a very hard game, especially because of the high levels you can reach. The only hard fights in FFX is one of the Seymour battles and Penance (a whopping 12 000 000 hp when you're on a very high level).
    And if you're lucky/lame enough you can win that fight very easily with Yojimbo.
    Srry but that battle was easy enough to beat with out summoning lol... FFX was easy to beat. I perfer FF7 anyday.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Debzie00

Favourite PSX RPGs: Suikoden I & II, Azure Dreams, Breath Of Fire III, Star Ocean 2, Wild Arms, etc etc.
    Yesh yesh, the Sukioden series is awesome, I haven't played IV yet, but hey, maybe PS2 ruined it O_o bbut I'll give it a shot.

By the way, my favorite PSX game(s) are FFVII and FFIX *^_~*
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, it certainly didn't blow up when Square merged with Enix, that was a business move, you see Enix can now utilize Square's game designers while Square can now utilize Enix's broadbased applications. I actually thought that the two companies merging was the best that happened to both of them.

Meanwhle, back to the action at hand. The genre of RPG now adays is very hard to define, so many games have an "RPG" element that it is very hard, however just look at the many ff games, X and X-2, you see actually Square Enix are the ones who are truly thinking about gameplay, they are always trying to come up with new ways of doing things, same thing with Xenosaga 2, I believe you should define your idea of gameplay because I have seen alot of RPG's which have some unique gameplay.

Oh and my favorite RPG on PSX is Xenogears
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Feb 15, 2005 at 11:42 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Erm, if you want gameplay in RPG's, old school enix games were much better. See, while Square enix tried to make tur-based fun, the soul blazer and older Star Ocean games beat it down so much. There's only so much you can do to try and make Turn-Based fighting really good, and a lot of ideas have been a little extreme, in my opinion. Then again, I play RPG's for story and characters, not gameplay, which, in my opinion, this generation of RPG's severely lacks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2