View Poll Results: Which should I buy?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy the psp: Even though the games aren't that great, you can watch movies and play music

19 90.48%
  • Don't buy the psp: after you're done with the new features it will become boring with no new games

0 0%
  • Buy the DS: Even though games aren't great, it can play all game boy games.

0 0%
  • Don't buy DS: Why bother with crappy games if you can get an sp?

3 14.29%
  • Wait for the game boy micro. It will suit all of your needs

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Psp or DS?

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    So like I was saying, so far the psp seems to be the favorite of most of the people here at this forum.

Oh yeah, let me clear the obvious up......

[Xotix is most likely Subaru

Same avatar(since I said that the person will probably try to act "smarter than me" and change it....who cares, it's my opinion, your problem)
    Same way of speaking(I'll let you all figure it out)
    Still thinks topic is asking which one you want when I'm really asking which one I want
    I know it's strange because at first the person talks about not wanting either system then wanting both. But then again many(many? no, all) people have the uncanny ability of free will and choose to change their decisions at the drop of a hat.]

.....Back to what I was saying. I know nintendo is capable of great games but so is sony, so it's going to be hard to decide which comes first(especially when castlevania DS is coming out soon)
    Last edited by False Truth; Jun 03, 2005 at 12:59 AM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    So like I was saying, so far the psp seems to be the favorite of most of the people here at this forum.

Oh yeah, let me clear the obvious up......

[Xotix is most likely Subaru

Same avatar(since I said that the person will probably try to act "smarter than me" and change it....who cares, it's my opinion, your problem)
    Same way of speaking(I'll let you all figure it out)
    Still thinks topic is asking which one you want when I'm really asking which one I want
    I know it's strange because at first the person talks about not wanting either system then wanting both. But then again many(many? no, all) people have the uncanny ability of free will and choose to change their decisions at the drop of a hat.]

.....Back to what I was saying. I know nintendo is capable of great games but so is sony, so it's going to be hard to decide which comes first(especially when castlevania DS is coming out soon)
    Hmm... wait. Who's Subaru? I see the Xotix, but no Su....ba........ru. Oh. I didn't even NOTICE the username difference. I just glanced at the avatar and message and thought, "yeah, that's xotix."

But that's besides the point. Sony's not capable of MAKING good games. They have incredible skill at garnering third-party support, which is worth a LOT more than Nintendo's incredible first-party presence.

Oh, yeah. And I've played MGS Ac!d, and personally I thought it was real good. The stealth was pointless because there was no tension involved "OMG! The guard's looking at me! I think I'll stare back at him for half an hour while i go over possible stealth ideas". But otherwise very fun (and pretty).
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Newbie TekkenMaster15 may be famous one day TekkenMaster15 may be famous one day TekkenMaster15's Avatar
    Thanks
    You know just because some magazines or tv shows have rated the psp games low dosn't mean they're bad games, thats just their opinion. Who knows you might think they're the best games ever?
    Some things in life are free, but there is always a catch!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Well False, as far as I can tell from what little nintendo's given out about the micro, it is not in anyway a successor to the GBA, in other words, it's the same specs in terms of power. The only thing about the micro that's special is the fact that it weighs as much as 80 paper clips, and is very small, therefore very portable. Along with brightness adjustment and a backscreen light, so you'll be able to play it anywhere and have a great view of the screen. They'll probably come out with some games for this micro, but really it's nothing to get too excited about.

I don't know much about DS or PSP, but it sounds like you might like the DS a little better. It's got a few good games, but of course the PSP has a few nice features too. It's a tough descion, I'm really not sure what to tell ya.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Well False, as far as I can tell from what little nintendo's given out about the micro, it is not in anyway a successor to the GBA, in other words, it's the same specs in terms of power. The only thing about the micro that's special is the fact that it weighs as much as 80 paper clips, and is very small, therefore very portable. Along with brightness adjustment and a backscreen light, so you'll be able to play it anywhere and have a great view of the screen. They'll probably come out with some games for this micro, but really it's nothing to get too excited about.

I don't know much about DS or PSP, but it sounds like you might like the DS a little better. It's got a few good games, but of course the PSP has a few nice features too. It's a tough descion, I'm really not sure what to tell ya.
    The thing you might not like about the micro is that it can't play GB and GBC, from what I hear.

And yeah, it's the same as GBA SP, but a LOT smaller. The screen apparently has a higher resolution, but overall tinier. It's a mixed bag.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    ^ What? You can't play GBC on it? That sucks. But yeah, when they say micro, they MEAN micro. Almost ridiculous how small it is.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you haven't already, I'd suggest going to www.1up.com. They have a list of upcoming games for both DS and PSP that were shown at E3, as well as impressions on them. Maybe those games will help you decide.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ffgirl23
    If you haven't already, I'd suggest going to www.1up.com. They have a list of upcoming games for both DS and PSP that were shown at E3, as well as impressions on them. Maybe those games will help you decide.
    I've already seen them at IGN, but that doesn't affect my choice because those are coming out in the future and I'm about to buy one in the present time.

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenMaster15
    You know just because some magazines or tv shows have rated the psp games low dosn't mean they're bad games, thats just their opinion. Who knows you might think they're the best games ever?
    I've fallen for that before. Besides, if you go to gamerankings and see how many people's ratings they have for one game, it can influence your choice greatly. If everyone in the city tells you a game is bad, you better believe it's bad, or it's a waste of money and you'll know after you've played the first hour of it. That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Sony's not capable of MAKING good games....
    Sony has made more great games than you know. I only have to name one game to prove my point....EVERQUEST. Even though I don't like everquest, it seems millions of people love it. If you need further proof, I can name some more great games sony has made. Just because sony doesn't make alot of their own games themselves, doesn't mean they make bad games.

Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    The thing you might not like about the micro is that it can't play GB and GBC, from what I hear.
    If that's the case, then GB SP it is, unless the DS can play more than GBA games....

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I don't know much about DS or PSP, but it sounds like you might like the DS a little better.
    Maybe you would care to explain why so I can understand why you've said that.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast