View Poll Results: Which should I buy?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy the psp: Even though the games aren't that great, you can watch movies and play music

    19 90.48%
  • Don't buy the psp: after you're done with the new features it will become boring with no new games

    0 0%
  • Buy the DS: Even though games aren't great, it can play all game boy games.

    0 0%
  • Don't buy DS: Why bother with crappy games if you can get an sp?

    3 14.29%
  • Wait for the game boy micro. It will suit all of your needs

    1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9
Results 65 to 70 of 70

Thread: Psp or DS?

  1. #65
    AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mage of time
    your not talking about the battery life psp olny last for like an hour the ds lasts for like 10 hours

    before you shoot off "facts" make sure they are right and that you didn't read it on a nintendo fanboy site. I played my PSP for 6 and 1/2 straight hours on the drive to Topsail Island in early May. So you can take that "an hour" BS and spit it on a forum of ignorant people who might believe you. An "orphan blood" omg kid go get over yourself. And the touchpad is about as genius as toilet paper with tree sap on it. Some might like it but others dont. So dont rant your opinions as "the law of all" its really beyond unnerving.

    Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

  2. #66
    Otaku agentdax5 may be famous one day agentdax5 may be famous one day agentdax5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The PSP comes with

    a PSP(duh)
    battery(duh)
    charger(duh)
    protective cothlike case
    wrist strap(so if you drop it it wont fall it'll hang from your arm)
    32 mb memory stick pro duo

    Price:$249.99

    the DS comes with

    The DS
    charger
    battery(built in)

    Price:$99.99

    now lets look at what they can do

    PSP
    play games
    play movie
    play mp3s
    play online
    take pictures(sony is making a camera for the PSP)
    view photos
    download songs(sony plans to make sony connect downloads on the PSP)
    PS2 graphics

    DS
    plays DS games
    Plays GBA games
    ok graphics
    interactive games


    and the GB Micro pissh.... its olny 3 inches wide and like 1.5 inces tall
    foget the GB Micro they olny make it because they olny made it to compete with Sony might get it just to have it but still

  3. #67
    Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Ok hold on. Stop contradicting yourself.
    Stop there.

    I asked to see the article and compare. period....but as always, there's more...

    You say you only care about durability because of accidents
    Since you're the quote whore now(saying so in your sig), I'm guessing you can go back and quote those exact words.....right ?


    then turn around and say that durability from a thirty-foot drop makes a MUCH better argument for buying the SP rather than the PSP.
    And these words too....

    I'd like to point something out: WTF are you doing if you "accidently" drop a system THIRTY FEET?!
    I guess you've never been to a building where there is some sort of balcony ....

    You even mention that you only dropped your PS2 four feet because you're "really tall". Thus, a system's durability beyond around a four foot fall is ridiculous, and an unneeded security measure.
    Read what I said above.

    And for someone who says that durability isn't the main reason to buy a handheld, you sure are making a big fuss about it.
    I talked about it twice using no capitals or expressions of fussing....how is that a big fuss again?

    Look, you can all of a sudden become the biggest A*hole of AO, a quote whore, whatever, but if you don't have your facts straight, then your just exhaling bull****. One more thing, actually define "quote whore" for me.
    Last edited by False Truth; Jun 06, 2005 at 11:14 PM.

    This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

  4. #68
    Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    Stop there.

    I asked to see the article and compare. period....but as always, there's more...
    Yes, there always is.
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    Since you're the quote whore now(saying so in your sig), I'm guessing you can go back and quote those exact words.....right ?
    Oooh... good comment. You pulled out my SIG as evidence. Read the sig. Unless you've just been learning English, you SHOULD be familiar with a little thing called "future tense". Note: WILL.
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    And these words too....
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    I guess you've never been to a building where there is some sort of balcony ....
    "Oh, look! A BALCONY! I think I should sit here and PLAY MY DS!"
    Yeah, if you play on an open balcony some thirty feet above the ground, and your dumb self drops the thing, you DESERVE to hold a broken handheld.
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    Read what I said above.
    I did. More than you read my tiny sig, apparently. Yes, you said
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    4 feet is extremely weak.
    So there. A direct quote. Happy? Notice that you say that AFTER you say
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    I dropped it from about 4 feet(I'm a tall guy).
    You gave a reason for why the PS2 managed to drop four feet, implying that it's VERY unusual to drop something that far.
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    I talked about it twice using no capitals or expressions of fussing....how is that a big fuss again?
    Oooh... you kept your FINGER off of the "shift" key. I'm sure that took a LOT of effort. "Oh, man. I just HAVE to press this key. Oh god, the pressure."
    Oh, yeah. I count FIVE times you discuss or defend yourself on "durability".
    Four on page six.
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    Look, you can all of a sudden become the biggest A*hole of AO, a quote whore, whatever, but if you don't have your facts straight, then your just exhaling bull****.
    Hmm... comparing "quote-whore" to "a**hole" Ouch, that hurt me. Yes, i have my facts straight. That's what the quoting is for. So if you disagree with me and my evidence, then all you're doing is insulting yourself. My facts come off of generally accepted knowledge, some tidbits of technical knowledge, and quotes drawn from YOU. I'm sorry if you mistake the quotes from you as "exhaled bull****", but that's just how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    One more thing, actually define "quote whore" for me.
    I will as soon as you stop attacking people on their SIGS, and learn what "future" tense is.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

  5. #69
    Newbie algorithm may be famous one day algorithm may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Post come-on in for the big win..

    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Wow. You're all over the place as well.

    The PSP's battery lasts for (what was it again?) about 4-8 hours, depending on what you're doing.

    Oh, yeah. And like I said earlier, the DS operates on two gimmicks: double screen, and touch. How crappy is that? I'd like to hear how people would argue when they find out the touch screen is crappy, overused, and overated, while the double screens are just plain annoying. Oh, wait. That's happening NOW.

    C'mon now. The dual screens? USELESS. I'd rather have wide-screen, thank you very much. Developers have already started running out of ideas for the dual screens, because how much can you REALLY do with an extra-frickin'-screen ANYWAYS? There will only be a year or so of more map-as-extra-screen crappage, then people will realize they're wasting extra money on what is basically a useless extension. Oh, yeah. And for those who argue, I wanna point something out: Princess Peach's FACE as the extra screen. Yes, it's true. Horrible.

    Now for the touch-screen. Also crappy. Horribly overated as well. "Oh, YES! I can TOUCH my games now!" No. This has got to be the WORST marketing idea Nintendo EVER came up with. Nintendo has made a handheld which is like a PDA except... um.... what was that I was gonna say? Oh, yeah. IT SUCKS.

    To point something out which not many people seem to have hit upon: The DS is gimmick-reliant. You know we've started dragging from the bottom of the barrel when a marketing campaign is "Touching is Good". What's even worse is that companies have started relying on the touch-screen to do things we could do on ANY OTHER HANDHELD, but WITHOUT just twiddling the d-pad a little bit. Yes, i'm looking at you, Spiderman. "If you press THIS, you do the same as if you just hold UP+A, EXCEPT you have to REACH over to the stupid little screen with the included stylus. have fun!"

    BTW, you pointed out one of the few games so far that DON'T "take advantage" of the touch-screen's "huge" potential. Wow, you use the screen to trace piece of crap "symbols" on the screen. Please. I don't want to fight a freakin boss, and defeat them, just to play a TRACING minigame. I just wanna run to the nearest savepoint room and heal.

    Oh, yeah. The PSP runs on Orphan blood. Good, I say. A bunch of wanna-be Naruto's would be annoying.

    Note: No, I really DIDN'T insult anybody with the Orphan insult, and you KNOW IT. Stop trying to vie for attention.
    heh, it's good to see that i'm not the only one that verifies nintendo's ill-fated strategy of dual-screen "kiddie" nonsense...these words capture the very essence of why the PSP is the better choice - well said..

  6. #70
    AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow now that its all broken down *closed* dont start this crap again and whomever has "Tychoides Successor" as their title can remove that BS. Your not even Ty's shadow and claiming it is rather insulting

    Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts