Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Punishing members

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

Punishing members

should we be bring other members against another member? For example thevampirealacrud, we know from his IP that he does not live in Japan. We know he lies, but I'm sure many members here lie about other stuff as well. I've never talk to this thevampirealacrud person, but it seems we the staff are going over board in our posts against him, at least the "tone" of the posts i've noticed. It's the same with other members. Expecially if they make a mistake. I think we are too quick to take offense. Am I totaly wrong in what I'm "feeling" from the posts? Should we be more diplomatic when we post?

Should we all go to Gig's house and have a party?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Of course everyone stretches the truth, but in this kid's case he makes a point to say he's in Japan in almost every single post. I doesn't bother me if people give out wrong info in their profiles (but I don't know why anyone would). It's when someone makes a point of bringing their fallacies to everyone's attention that bugs me.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I don't like liers in general I just think its wrong to be someone/live/job/ something your not. you have people that know about "web design" but when you ask them about something simple in PHP they are like Huh? I just think its wrong to lie

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    There is stretching the truth and then there are posts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by thevampirealacrud
    Protect the motherland!!! Japan is the best and american art sux ( cartoons anyway) I live in Hokkaido and I am proud of it!!!!
    Seriously now.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    hes a moron. Thats funny tho how he "wishes" he could live in Japan I think he thinks hes better then everyone else because he "lives" in japan. Kinda reminds me of KenX >> XD

Thanks
    True, people shouldn't lie, but that's in the real world. The net, people can be what they want to be. That's is one of the things people like about the net. But that's besides the point. Should we really care what's in their profile or who they really are? I really don't care who they are or pretend to be as long as the information (relating to the topic) in their posts are not lies. And that person don't start misleading other members into things that are not true. But those are also besides the point :P

What I'm really getting at is the way we posts, to handle these things. To a newbie, reading some of the posts, they would be afraid to make a mistake for fear of the staff getting on their case.

Ok, thevampirealacrud does deserve many things...but we could handle it better.

Thanks
    you have a point but scaring members into being honist some times works. For example. We had a member do the same thing thevampirealacrud is doing on my forum. I told them ether straighten up or get ban from the site. gave them the reason they would be ban and they straightened up. its sometimes good to put fear into the members but its also bad

Thanks
    Yes, putting fear into some of them does help, but even that, there is a good way and then there is a better way to do it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast