Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Quality of anime on Adult Swim

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Quality of anime on Adult Swim

I think that the old anime is better than some of the new stuff. Most of the new shows that are on today don't even last the whole season. There should be an anime channel that plays old anime and new ones as well. The the world will be in balance once again.

Newbie witchywoman136 may be famous one day witchywoman136 may be famous one day witchywoman136's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of the new anime doesn't even make a bit of sence. If there ever is an anime channel, I'm with solking, they should have a mix.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by witchywoman136
    Some of the new anime doesn't even make a bit of sence. If there ever is an anime channel, I'm with solking, they should have a mix.
    Thank you. I heard from someone on this forum that in Asia they have these kind of channels and they might start one here in the States but I think that was a rumor.

Otaku Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking
    I think that the old anime is better than some of the new stuff. Most of the new shows that are on today don't even last the whole season. There should be an anime channel that plays old anime and new ones as well. The the world will be in balance once again.
    Yeah the new ones try to hav so many plot twists they turn out incoherent

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by witchywoman136
    well some new stuff is good, alot of old stuff is great, they should have an old anime channel, and a new one( and then everyone will have equal rightes, and pigs will fly!)

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

Newbie Xephon may be famous one day Xephon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, so flame away if it has, but I was watching cartoon network the other day and they announced some new shows, most were crap, but they did mention Naruto.

I was very excited to hear that they would finally be showing it (was wondering when they were gonna pick it up to have something to finally replace DBZ...), but then common sense kicked in that they would start showing it from epsiode 1... *sigh* And being that I've seen up to the latest episode... Guess it'll be 3 years before they catch up to what's out in Japan now.

Btw, not to hijack a thread... but anyone else think that Naruto will become the new DBZ among the "younger" (8-12 years) audiences?

Also, they didn't mention that Naruto will be on Adult Swim, but there's a lot more blood and violence in Naruto then there ever was in DBZ (especially the further into the story you go). Not that its excessive, just saying I wonder if they plan on editing it a bit (let's hope not ) or maybe moving it to adult swim after a bit?

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    CN and Toonami are purposely designed for the kiddies, most of the better more serious anime comes on adult swim which airs after toonami which is from 11:00 to 5:30 EST. They will be starting Naruto and Evangelion pretty which are not your "suck" class anime. Also they have been showing Samurai Champloo and Full Metal Alchemist both are among the highest rated new series.
    Too bad Naruto is going to be on Toonami because it'll be edited to high heaven.

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tenseiga
    This may just be me but I Think the new animes on adultswim keep going down hill. every new anime they put up is just not catching my attention. They need to go back and play the anime they used to have Cowboy Bebop, and I know Lupin and Case closed are still shown but no one can stay up and watch it at like three in the morinin especially since school started. Its not jus Adult Swim either toonami hyas lost lots of good shows. Gundam, Tenchi, Outlaw star. I think they need to bring in more popular anime people already know about instead of these new animes that just dont have much flare. I'd like to see them have Chobits, Love Hina, Ruroni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho etc. Am I alone here or are there others that feel this way?
    I agree with you. I personally miss Tenchi Muyo. I think the new fall line up comming on Adult Swim is going to be boring. Its time like these I wish I had anime network.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast