Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Quality of anime on Adult Swim

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Quality of anime on Adult Swim

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    CN and Toonami are purposely designed for the kiddies, most of the better more serious anime comes on adult swim which airs after toonami which is from 11:00 to 5:30 EST. They will be starting Naruto and Evangelion pretty which are not your "suck" class anime. Also they have been showing Samurai Champloo and Full Metal Alchemist both are among the highest rated new series.
    Ahem... Naruto is actually going to shown on late night TOONAMI. The license for it is too expensive to limit it to the Adult Swim time spots...

Cartoon Network Naruto Website...
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_sho...uto/index.html

The thing to keep in minds folks is that the broadcast licenses for Anime are EXPENSIVE, and have been getting more expensive. Unless a broadcaster can line up advertising support (read $$$) for a anime series, a broadcaster would perfer to save money and use a series a self owned studio, (WB which owns Cartoon Networks, also owns the Hanna Barbara studio that makes the domestic programs, like 'Powder Puff Girls', and 'Harvey Birdman'...) Ultimatly, if the advertisers don't make $$$ supporting the broadcasts of anime on cable, the'll stop doing it... And if the American distributors can't make $$$ selling broadcast licenses and DVD/Merchandise sales, the'll cut back on the introduction of new anime series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri79
    I agree with you. I personally miss Tenchi Muyo. I think the new fall line up comming on Adult Swim is going to be boring. Its time like these I wish I had anime network.
    Wow u know the new line up! Can you please tell me what it is?

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I just recently saw the comercial for the fall lineup for toonami and Im not too impressed. I know naruto is going to be edited like crazy. I miss the other animes they use to show, been too long since Ive tenchi muyo and they didnt even finish showing the original gundam series.

Newbie PiPod may be famous one day PiPod may be famous one day
    Thanks

The original gundam series got a little drawn out, I stopped watching it after a while, it got to crazy. Especially if you miss an epispde...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5