Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Question

Newbie Twisted may be famous one day Twisted may be famous one day
    Thanks

A Question

I recently read out of curiosity the topic about 'my favorite' threads, and one thing really stood out to me, and that is the thing about intelligence levels, not becoming a n00bish Hell, and whatever. I'm quite a smart guy, but I have one question:

Have this site forgotten what forums are for? They ARE for fun, right? Without at least a little total silliness, I've found that sites become dry and boring. Does anyone agree?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, according to the guys up stairs those topics are frozen temporarily not permanent. On the topic of fun and silliness, I do agree but those favorite threads were not banned because of their fun-factor. If i assumed right, the mods/admins are getting concern about people spamming

Note: I am not pseudo-modding...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe the mods did that because some posts get out of hand. We do have fun here at AO. Our members may get off topic every now and then. But the mods allow it. Long as we get back on topic.

So we are not a dried up board here at AO.
    Seduced by Flesh

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    No we did it because There was one "fav Greek God" then a few hours later a "fav Egyption God" Kinda says it for its self its spam

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted

Have this site forgotten what forums are for? They ARE for fun, right? Without at least a little total silliness, I've found that sites become dry and boring. Does anyone agree?

And since when do a boardful of "what is your favorite (insert item here)?" threads count as fun and silliness? There is no entertainment value to the threads because no one puts any effort into making the replies interesting. All you end up with is page after page of people just listing crap with NO explanation as to the how or why something is a favorite. Where is the fun in that?

We on the AO staff are a pretty flexible lot (at least I like to think so). When things start getting out of hand we tighten the reins, and when things are going smoothly we loosen the grip. Unfortunately the "what is your favorite?" threads were getting out of hand and we (actually it should read "I") felt the need to curtail such threads for a while.

The moratorium was put into effect because those threads has ceased to be fun and interesting. Instead they were just lifeless list spam.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sure forums are supposed to be fun. It's just so annoying when people post 2-3 pages of conversation in the middle of a topic.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

And speaking of topics, this doesn't sound like a debatable topic thread....

Moving to Forum Feedback...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    i dont know.... i think this could be a really interesting debate if we phrased the first post a little differently.....

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast