Thread: Question~

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Question~

I don't know if this is the right section, but I am having touble with my files being to big.

Such as GIF, and JPEG.

I was wondering if there was a way to make it smaller without loosing. Quality?
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Question~

What are you trying to do exactly? And are you sure you're working with JPEG? They're meant to be very small in size as it is. GIF, on the other hand, is a different story.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I mean the KB~

I want to lower it without messing with the quality of the picture~
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

It really depends on the size of the pic. If it is a large image you have no choice but to either shrink it or loose quality. If you save a pic as a .jpeg and use a quality of 9-10 then you will shrink the file KB size about as much as possible without loosing too much quality (only a few artifacts should be able to be seen). Also I am not sure why but sometimes in small images (such as an avatar) I get smaller results from a .png (crazy I know) so my suggestion is save the same file under different formats and see if that helps. That is about all you can do

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If your converting your pictures to a compress format (such as GIF to JPEG) there will be some loss of quality. What you could do is store your GIF files in a compressed lossless format such as ZIP.... (But this means you either have to uncompress the archive before viewing, or if you have XP, use it's built in ZIP support to view archives...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku