Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Question about the Gallery

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Question about the Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Yes, I care about AO, it is a cool site, indeed. It should remain that way. BTW, can you please answer my question about how we can take a look at the wallpaper section? Do you need to have 500 posts or something? Thank you
    With 500 posts you become a community member and you will be able to view the gallery again.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MediaLuna
    As LK mentioned, the community member status will only be reached from posting in the forums... Since people just uploaded lots of screenshoots he cancelled the rule about uploading images to become a CM... Sorry but just spam the board and reach 500 posts to become one....
    You should find a balance between spamming and serious posting though. Try to be useful in your replies. (New threads won't cut it.)
    And the rule about images applied to wallpapers uploaded before the rule came into effect.

Newbie wingzero_ac19x may be famous one day wingzero_ac19x may be famous one day wingzero_ac19x's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice, but to be honest, I do not want to spam the boards and cause a mess, it isnt respectful to do that. It's not respectful to the site or the people who work so hard on it. So between taking the shortcut and becoming a member and having to put up with not being one due to lack of posts, I would rather just not be one. I guess I will just simply have to post over time and hopefully I will earn enough respect here to be a community member. Thanks all.
    wingzero_ac19x

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

I stopped accepting members who have uploaded images. because the n00b community of this site were just uploading screenshhots to gain access to the gallery. So I am letting members reach community member the way you are supose to

Newbie wingzero_ac19x may be famous one day wingzero_ac19x may be famous one day wingzero_ac19x's Avatar
    Thanks

Understood. Thanks a lot for replying to my question. I will do my best to become a more active member of the site. Sorry for any inconvenience. Later.
    Wingzero_ac19x

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

haha yeah spam up to try and get CM, you'd be long banned before you made it soooo yeah dont go that route. The Gallery is a priveledge for CM's and people who are actually part of the community and not just passerby's

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

i really dont understand the logic behind these decisions, surely a cut off point for members would have been a better idea, e.g.

i have already been eg. for 6 months or more - full access
    otherwise 100 post min & 5 uploads req.

these new rules seem extremely elitist.
    and 500! post min. you know thats going encourage some serious spamming!.

edit: forums req. Lurkers - good grief i have been reg'ed. to rage3D for 3 years and have oonly posted 622 times, = quality NOT qty.
    Last edited by ShadowRabbit; Nov 13, 2005 at 04:29 AM.

Newbie Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr's Avatar
    Thanks

oh i have something to ask... uhm i dunno if its the right place to post this... just how to get a screenshot of your desktop i iwsh to post it on the gallery thx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast