Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Anime

Newbie SCPaladin may be famous one day SCPaladin may be famous one day SCPaladin's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Questions about Anime

I have been wondering about a few things concerning anime.

1) How come most female characters in anime have large breasts?

2) According to the dictionary, anime is Japanese animation. Now, if an American company makes an anime series, is the series still considered anime even though it wasn't made in Japan or by Japanese animators?

3) What is better: subbed or dubbed?

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Questions about Anime

for your first question- most female have large breast in anime because us (viewers) like chicks with big breast so they draw them like that.

second question-It won't be consider as anime because if it was made out of Japan.

third question- Both subbed and dubbed have their advantages and disavantages, for some poeple subbed is better and for some other people dubbed is better.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    for your first question- most female have large breast in anime because us (viewers) like chicks with big breast so they draw them like that.
    O.O That is so true.....

Newbie SCPaladin may be famous one day SCPaladin may be famous one day SCPaladin's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer my anime women to have medium-sized bosoms; to me, medium-sized breasted chicks are easier to draw.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Its all about the fanservice. Most anime fans are teenage males (or at large portion of them) so of course they want to see skinny girls with big boobs. And since anime is drawn you can make the most unrealistic characters ever to appeal to fans. Though not all anime girls have big boobs.

2. Now I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't think any cartoon that isn't made in Japan can be considered anime. I know a lot of American companies are making anime-like cartoons nowadays, but I wouldn't call it anime. So no, its not.

3. Total depends on your preference. Dubs generally sound worse due to lack of decent voice actors, but some dubs are actually quite good (Cowboy Bebop comes to mind). Subs are good if you want the authentic Japanese voices which are often vastly superior to the English counterparts. I'd say the only disadvantage of a sub would be if you can't read and follow the story at the same time. But anime fans generally don't have a problem with that.

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

because the big breastises cancel out the cute innocence of their heart shaped faces!! otherwise everything would end up looking like powerpuffgirls!! honestly, i do like my females to have large breastises becuz they put the sassy in fantasy!! oh and i think they call it anime becuz theyre using anime as a shorter word for animation.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

sub is much better than dub. the eastern voice actors do a better job than the western ones, and also if it's dub the mouth moves out of time with the words which can sometimes get really annoying.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

1) It depends on the anime.

2) No. Anime doesn't have to be made in Japan, or for that matter even by Japanese artists (they're outsourcing it these days), but it does have to be made for a Japanese audience to be considered anime.

3) That depends entirely on the individual.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast