Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Anime

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Questions about Anime

1. like everyone else said...since most viewers happen to be teenage guys that's what appeal to them....big tits
    2. well, if in the dictionary it says the def of anime is japanimation then if it's not from japan u really can' t say that it's anime, right?
    3. in my opinion, i like the subbed version...and to me, the dubbed version sounds wrong 'cause to me there was nothing wrong with the original voices....but that's just me.....i think the original voices is what one of the factors that make anime at its best...

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Questions about Anime

Quote Originally Posted by SCPaladin
    I have been wondering about a few things concerning anime.

1) How come most female characters in anime have large breasts?

2) According to the dictionary, anime is Japanese animation. Now, if an American company makes an anime series, is the series still considered anime even though it wasn't made in Japan or by Japanese animators?

3) What is better: subbed or dubbed?
    1) Hey, whenever i see a large breasted chick on an anime, i dont ask questions.

2) As far as i know, the word anime is just the japanse word for cartoon.

3) It depends on the anime, some have really low quality english
    dubs(like The Devil Lady or the Rurouni Kenshin OVA).

Newbie Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a qeustion not neccassarily on anime but on manga, and ive yet to get any good response.

im an amature manga/comic artist and i need to know of a good publishing company IN JAPAN. if anyone knows a good publisher for young manga creators please give whatever information you have. domo.
    Some times...I wonder if any of us exist at all.

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think your question might be out of topic, but to answer your question I can only mention a couple of well known publishers. The first is VIZ LLC (responsible for Battle Angel Alita and Neon Genesis manga series). The next is Tokyopop (Cowboy Bebop, Battle Royale, Chobit...). Other than these two I can't help. If anyone else can help then please do so. I hope this helps.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Geijetsuka
    i have a qeustion not neccassarily on anime but on manga, and ive yet to get any good response.

im an amature manga/comic artist and i need to know of a good publishing company IN JAPAN. if anyone knows a good publisher for young manga creators please give whatever information you have. domo.
    If your a non-japanese foreigner seeking to publish as a amature manga artist in Japan, your basicly out of luck, and this 'Ask John' column ariticle at Anime Nation explains the reason why...

http://www.animenation.net/news/askjohn.php?id=1016
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

1) Exactly what Ketaro said
    2) I don't condider it anime.
    3) Dubbed

Newbie Nami1592 may be famous one day Nami1592 may be famous one day Nami1592's Avatar
    Thanks

1. 'Cause most anime girls are teenagers.. and do teenage girls in the real world have large breasts? Yes I believe they do.
    2. No it wouldn't be anime ^.^;;
    3. I like the japanese Inuyasha better than the english one.. but I've never seen one piece in japanese so I dunno.

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

Love the wishful thinking on point one. Only late teens would have large breasts (only a few mind). This has brought a question to mind. How much of the breast size is down to perspective. I know the question is a bit dodgy, but being an amature artist, one would need to know about a charaters' proportions and possible optical illusions and perspectives that will exaggerate/dumb down key features. Also to re-itterate a previous statement. If anime is prodominately Japanese then why are certain operations being out-sourced?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast