Thread: Questions about Tsubasa Chronicle

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks

Questions about Tsubasa Chronicle

I've seen the Tsubasa Chronicle manga around, but like all mangas, I wanted nothing to do with it until it become an anime. I watched the first two episodes and I'm interested. The artstyle is good and the music is done by Yuki Kajiura. However, before I get involved I have some questions for you all who have read the manga:

1)What is the usual pattern of things? Do they go to a world, collect a wing, go to another world, rinse and repeat ad infinium?

2)The world of 2nd episode seemed a bit...Pokemon'ish. The main character got some flame wolf helper where his opponent had a water manta ray, or something. Is this Pokemon stuff limited to that world, or does the Pokemon stuff go on all the time in Tsubasa Chronicle?

Well, that's all I have to ask, thanks!
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Newbie firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ummm, although I don't know why you would compare this series to Pokemon, I'll go along with it. No, they really don't have the animal themes in all the worlds. About the usual pattern, the whole point is to visit different worlds and get these feathers, so aside from adding some interesting tidibits, then yes, that could be called a pattern. Of course, if you're a fan of CLAMP, then you would recognize many of these worlds and characters, often in different settings, but still the same. You may think that the pattern would get boring, but let me assure you that so far it has me interested, and the fact that each of the main characters had to give up something most dear to them also makes this better.

Let me also tell you that you miss out on a lot of good manga by not reading stuff that hasn't been made into an anime. There are a lot of good ones on the market, and to me when there's an anime linked to it, I usually don't get it. This is simply because either the anime ruins it for the manga, or the manga ruins it for the anime unless they have completely different events in them.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    The Pokemon like creatures in the second episode are actually, the three spirits/mecha from Magic Knight Rayearth. "Rayearth (fire), Celes (water) and Windam (wind)" I'm guessing they are in Hanshin, where the met Sorata and Arashi right?
    The story with the Kudan's is limited only to that world. Never fear.
    Each world is different, in one world there's a ghost-woman stealing children. ^^

Anyway...
    I'm kind of the same.... I read the first two volumes of the Tsubasa manga when it first came out scanlated (before Del Rey licensed it) and I wasn't impressed. I felt it was nothing more than Clamp captailising on their sucuess, and trying to bring back their fans, by reusing old characters. It was Clamp in Wonderland, only in manga form. But as soon as I realised an anime was coming out, I became interested again, and starting reading the manga again. Now, it's really grown on me.

While the story itself isn't anything special in itself... it's entertaining enough to watch/read.

Do they go to a world, collect a wing, go to another world, rinse and repeat ad infinium
    You're right, that's pretty much the way the story goes (that I've read so far).
    But each new world is completly different to the last. They go to a world resemble modern day Osaka, then one resembling ancient Korea, one resembling 19th century Europe... and so forth.
    You get to see the alternative version of partically every Clamp character in existence... which is quite fun to see if you're a big Clamp fan.

But the best thing about the series is the relationship formed between the group (Syaoran, Sakura, Fye, Kurogane and Mokona.) *Fye and Kurogane being pretty much the ONLY original characters in the story.* And how the relationship between Sakura and Syaoran develops after she awakens and loses her memories of him.

I haven't watched the anime yet, but I think it's going to be good... as for how far it'll stray from the original, I'm not sure, for the manga (like so many that are turned into anime these days) is not finished yet.
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; Apr 22, 2005 at 09:37 PM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Well, I'm not into manga because I'm very much a fan of the overall complete presentation anime puts forth. Manga doesn't have voice actors or music. Also, a lot of manga isn't either finished or completely released. I've got unfinished book series I'm waiting on, and the thought of having like five different incomplete mangas on top of that is scary considering I've been waiting ten years this fall for the Wheel of Time to be over with. My main thing against manga is the lack of music and voices. I've bought manga before and just gotten bored with it. I can read straight fiction for some reason though.

It'll be hilarious to see Kamui somewhere in this show if he appears. I'll give the show a few more episodes I guess. Syaoran seemed pretty cool.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration