Thread: Questions abt Howl's Moving Castle

Otaku fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai's Avatar
    Thanks

Questions abt Howl's Moving Castle

i just recently seen Howls Moving Castle!! it was great, another good film by Hayao Miyazaki

but i got some question abt some parts of it i didn't understand (btw i saw a not-so-good-quality dvd of it, thats why couldn't hear and understand some parts)

1. why was her hair still white in the end?
    2. why she kept changing between old and young? i know the answer love is in there somewhere but the quick changes just confused me

ok i had more questions while watching it but for now if anyone cud answer those thanks!!
    Signature exceeds limits and has been deleted by Hassun

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Questions abt Howl's Moving Castle

Read the book and it will answer all your questions. lol

Seriously though, while it's a major departure from the book there are things in the movie that either got lost in translation or left out that would make it easier to understand.

1. Sofie is actually a witch and the only reason the spell hadn't been broken/worn off is because she was taking refuge in it. She's afraid of the world but as an old woman she could say or do anything without fear. As such in the movie her appearance is a reflection of her self esteem and how she sees herself.
    2. See above.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasygirl_lai
    ok i had more questions while watching it but for now if anyone cud answer those thanks!!
    Go right ahead.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!