Thread: Questions on wallpaper making

Newbie williecwh may be famous one day williecwh may be famous one day williecwh's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Questions on wallpaper making

Hi, I'm a new member here. I've seen the works of many members here and really hope I could produce a decent wallpaper on my own. I hope that I could get help here from those who are experienced in wallpaper making...

Questions:-
    1) How do you get the image for your wallpaper? Do you draw them out from scratch? If drawn are drawings/ sketches made in the computer or on paper before scanning it in?
    2) Is there anyway to get an image out from a video file? eg. when I watch an anime, can I get an image out from the anime I'm watching?

I thank anyone who could help me with these questions...

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Re: Questions on wallpaper making

1) Typically people get their character images from scans. There are a number of good resource sites to get scans. After that it just requires extraction, some cleaning up, and then you're set.
    I've seen people draw (both on paper and on the computer), CG, and then wall their drawn characters although this isn't done nearly as much as the getting your image from a scan.

2) If you want to get a character image from a video, more often than not, you're going to have to take a snapshot of the character in the pose that you want them in and then vector the image, due to the difference in resolution size between video and desktop.

Newbie williecwh may be famous one day williecwh may be famous one day williecwh's Avatar
    Thanks

oic...
    About the scans, can you recommend me some sites which you stated, thanks...

Then about the snapshot, is there a specific program i should use to view the video and then obtain a snapshot? as i tried getting a printscreen... well it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot... really appreciate your help!

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Here are some pretty good ones...the first 2 require active participation and such for awhile before being able to download scans while the rest you should be able to just download them w/o any hitches.

www.minitokyo.net
    www.animepaper.net
    www.random-galleries.com
    animepa.csusm.edu
    www.ferricorp.com/eng_news.php
    www.beyourtruemind.net

As for snapshots typically your media player should have the function. If not I'd advise BSplayer which does have it.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

1. I get scans from a number of sorces (Like the links listed above and pictures I scan myself.

2. as fir screenshots from Video files, I don't recomend using them at all, unless you're getting them from a DvD, other then that, use the player that Skillzpay suggested.

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your help. Really appreciate it...
    I'll start by making simple ones first. I see that some wallpapers have a 3D element on the characters but I guess that's another level huh... Hope from now on I can start making some 'more decent' wallpapers.
    Last edited by williecwh; Jul 07, 2005 at 12:39 PM.

Newbie Magnatude may be famous one day Magnatude may be famous one day Magnatude's Avatar
    Thanks

Some scanning software comes with a "snapshot" utility (Arcsoft photo impressions is one) and you can get snapshot software that can take a shot of a vid if you have the TV tuner input/software on your videocard. (There are also addin cards with TV tuners you can install on your comp, some of these have snapshot record abilty too)
    Fighting for your Artists Rights!
    You may PM me for any help.