Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: questions (why is anime so popular?)

Newbie angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam's Avatar
    on a distant planet where i am a humble storyteller. in reality, i live in a city. not telling which
    Thanks

questions (why is anime so popular?)

okay, there were threads that had this subject before, but i need to asked you all...
    why is anime so popular? why is it that alot of cartoons today, good and bad, have seem to be influenced by it?
    and what makes a good anime, and how can you tell if it's a bad anime?
    and where will the stlye of anime go in the future? and what is the stereotype of anime? like the alot of animation is now digitized rather than had drawn.
    and if there is a thread that has the anwers, can you please direct me to it?
    thanks for your consideration.
    Last edited by angelstarbeam; Mar 03, 2005 at 08:14 AM.
    The noble ones of this world
    Are the ones that repent
    of their own sins

Newbie ziopheth may be famous one day ziopheth may be famous one day ziopheth's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking konichiwa !

OK . I dont know why youd be here and ask this question and all ( just so confused ... ) but if youv seen a crapy Anime you wont like Anime and probably wont even give it another chance ( sad ) but if your first Anime was a good one your more likly to understand . Anime is awseme becuase of a few reasons . One reason many ppl have is becuase they hate this world and want there own little Anime wolrd to live in. Another is because they really like funnies , & spend there intire life looking for Anime such as Hap py Lesson ( etc . ) OH NO !!! ILL havta finish this post later Im at the library & my time is low , so Ill post again when I get home ! XD LATERZ !!!
    See ya , Space Ninja !!!

^_\ ( mini Kakashi !! ! )

Newbie Ness may be famous one day Ness may be famous one day Ness's Avatar
    Thanks
    Some people like Anime because unlike most American Cartoons Anime add more plot and story after every episode. Also some animes are very unique and original. Anime is sort of like a more mature version of cartoons.

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with the above comment, also i think anime is so cool because of all the things the people that create anime can do with it. They have no limits on their imagination. In shows with real actors its a lot harder to display all the things that can be shown in anime, and not only that, but anime chicks are really cute! For instance the level of creativity and detail in the world of spirited away and all the action in Akira would be near impposible to show that to the viewers without it being drawn.

Also anime is a lot more artistic then any other media form and a lot of times when I'm watching anime im just amazed by all the beautiful scenery and character animation and the overall style. And yes, definately, the plots are very intriguing and origanal.

Also, Happy Lesson rules!!

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think Anime is popular because Hollywood is completely out of touch with what people actually want to see. There is a real desire for quality animation and since it's hard to find in the US (/other country) people are going to Japan for it. Japan has a great Anime selection because they have limited filming space (from what I have been told). Sure they have their bad shows but with so much to choose from....

As for why other countries animation is being affected by Anime? It's called money. They see that people are willing to put money into Anime and they want some of it. In the long run it will be a good thing for all concerned as market forces force other countries to start putting out more/quality products just to compete.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    That is so true, Juice! Anime is a lot more intriguing, and the characters are not only skillfully drawn, they are also presented well with their emotions than most cartoons. Anime characters, truth be told, also appeal to many as people can greatly relate to them. Animes are truly well made, with background music and even their very own songs that can make the audience feel the very essence of the stories portrayed by the anime. And besides, nothing can illustrate fantasy as well as anime does! Well, only with the exceptin of books.
    For me, I judge an anime mainly on its story. Not the plot nor the theme, but more precisely, I evaluate them on how well they harmonize those features, including the anime art, characters designs, character development, of course, and their music. Some themes in animes can be considered as overused, so those original animes must be greatly appreciated. Simply, the story is what counts.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Some people like Anime because unlike most American Cartoons Anime add more plot and story after every episode. Also some animes are very unique and original. Anime is sort of like a more mature version of cartoons.

I agree this is a true statement, anime is an origional form of art it has twists and turns to make the series or episode, better. Americans have tried to copy this, but in my opinion they have failed miserably.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I like to think that people in America like anime because they've been looking for something that has the depth of novels, but is instead a visual experience. Native American TV doesn't really offer a lot of totally imaginative storytelling combined with consistent storyline.

Another, perhaps more interesting theory, is that the first generations of video gamers are growing up or have already grown up. Since the mid 80's American kids who have played video games have been exposed to animated characters, a lot of them made by the Japanese. The maturity of the video game market has grown with these kids, and now the young adults of today have no problem with animated characters in super serious situations. Anime is simply another form of that kind of entertainment. I'd guess that a lot of the people who were big into Final Fantasy, and other examples of Japanese storytelling in video games, when they were in middle and high school are now big anime fans as they enter college and/or the real world.
    Last edited by dark_glaive; Mar 06, 2005 at 10:41 PM.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast