Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: questions (why is anime so popular?)

Newbie Dark Inuyasha may be famous one day Dark Inuyasha may be famous one day Dark Inuyasha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Some people like Anime because unlike most American Cartoons Anime add more plot and story after every episode. Also some animes are very unique and original. Anime is sort of like a more mature version of cartoons.
    I think exacly the same, animes are what they are because of story and plot ,etc...
    Kenshin: "You can die at any time but living takes true corage. I'm living too that I am, to repent for all the lives I've took"

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_glaive
    Another, perhaps more interesting theory, is that the first generations of video gamers are growing up or have already grown up. Since the mid 80's American kids who have played video games have been exposed to animated characters, a lot of them made by the Japanese. The maturity of the video game market has grown with these kids, and now the young adults of today have no problem with animated characters in super serious situations. Anime is simply another form of that kind of entertainment. I'd guess that a lot of the people who were big into Final Fantasy, and other examples of Japanese storytelling in video games, when they were in middle and high school are now big anime fans as they enter college and/or the real world.
    I can agree with that since most of the people I know that watch Anime are long time game players.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Anime is popular because of everything it is. The animes have so many creative story lines and characters whilst having superb art, some people just like it for the art side of it. For people that mention anime is like cartoons i say BLASPHEMY!! The only thing that does relate them is the fact they are both forms of animations, although the general idea and principal is the same it's the content which sets them apart. Cartoons are generally for younger people, with a few exceptions like Simpsons, South Park, Invader Zim - which i might add is funny as hell - the audience for these are mainly the older generations.

Anime is just a beautiful combination of art, animation, music, story line and acting (not the western voice actors, dubbed animes suck!) whilst Cartoons are sketchy animations to humour people. Another thing to add is that Anime also gets across serious matters in there's storys. Like Gundam, showing people how harsh and grim war is... and i suppose how beautiful and poetic it can be... in my case anyway... -lol-

Newbie edalilo may be famous one day edalilo may be famous one day edalilo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Anime are cartoons thats arent always showing that the world is perfect with little rainbows with 3 kindergarten superhero girls(lol ppg), or that people can get hit with TNT or a hammer and still live. Anime is more mature, with a storyline. Most of the characters have a goal. Other cartoons, like Ed Edd n Eddy for example, dont have a story line. Their goal is to get a jawbreaker, but most of the shows show that they arent doing anything to get a jawbreaker. Hamtaro didn't stay on TV long because there wasn't any storyline.

HECK, IF IT WEREN'T FOR MANGA OR ANIME, AMERICA'S CARTOONS WOULD BE CRAPPY AND UGLY!!!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think its so popular because Anime is much more artistic and most of them have a great and equal balance of style and substance. And another reason is that anime just has a weird grip that never really lets go like anything else....can't put my finger on it but thats all i got.

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think we just wanted another point of view..something not so american. I think thats why some people watch foreign films...
    I think good anime has a interesting plot and well drawn characters that its audience can relate to..and for bad anime...just the opposite.
    I don't really think about the future much.....I think you think a little too much though its just TV sit back and if your not entertained change the channel
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Newbie Inuyashafan101 may be famous one day Inuyashafan101 may be famous one day Inuyashafan101's Avatar
    Thanks
    It looks better than american cartoons and all my favorite shows r made of it!
    ANIME ROCKS

Newbie Nurika may be famous one day Nurika may be famous one day Nurika's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think it's because of the eyecandy. It's the prettty people. Also it's because of the plot. I mean it's in anime where you can go where no man has ever gone before. There are just some things you can't do in movies that you can in anime.

The Sock Puppet Queen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast