Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Quote of the Day

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Quote of the Day

I think you're taking my translation too seriously.
    Life itself, in essence, is suffering. Desire is suffering.
    I'm done here. LoL It was fun, but without philosophical dialect, it is nothing. This started with a philosophical statement. Thus putting into play philosophical suffering, which is desire and in essence, life. That's all. Your rebuttals will be noted, as I enjoy intelligent conversation and all. I just have no more to post as it seems a burden to keep saying the same thing in different ways to get the same response in different ways.
    Opinions themselves have no truth, this is where we are all wrong. My opinion is with philosophy ranging back to 500 B.C. in which it is said that life itself is suffering. Not that I don't enjoy life, just that I believe strongly that true happiness comes in death.
    All that is true is eternal, unchanging, and independent. All those represent the soul, but not the body (I guess that may be an opinion too, since some may not believe in a soul or something). So, one's soul being trapped inside a body is suffering, in my opinion. Thanks for the stimulating conversation.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    So, one's soul being trapped inside a body is suffering, in my opinion.
    If the soul yearns to be clad, to become mortal than wouldn't that mean for the soul a physical body is the natural state of happiness. You did say that at birth the natural state is happiness. But if being born was actually the action of a soul being "trapped" then at birth the natural state should be misery. So which is it. Are we naturally happy at birth with the completion of the soul (physical and spiritual) or are we naturally miserable at birth with an eternal soul trapped in a physical body?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    Thanks for the stimulating conversation.
    Your welcome.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie algorithm may be famous one day algorithm may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothrop
    "All great art is made from suffering." -Dimmu Borgir
    all hints to every piece of "great" art that has existed & has yet to exist, but what makes art great? channeling the visions in our heads into something tangible & appreciation for its splender really lies in the eyes of the beholder...but art stems from many inspirations - genius, love, suffering, madness, obliviousness & accidental.. to say that all great art stems solely from one of these is quite the daring path..

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I certainly agree... Most of the beautiful art in this world came about from someone's suffering, or someone they knew that was suffering. True art is an expression of emotions - whether it's happiness, suffering, anger, fear, doubt, love, etc. That's how I do my art - always from the heart.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

False.

Although art come be created through pain. Other emotions also help to create art. simple

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5