Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Racial Remarks

Otaku Shadow_Dude may be famous one day Shadow_Dude may be famous one day Shadow_Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HRob
    I think we are all racist to a point..some are more than others..and some just show it more than others. Even if you don't say anything, you're proably thinking it.
    If someone says something racist i would just probably ignore them, so they would know that they shouldn't make those comments around me. And if they keep doing it i would probably tell them to stop.
    But if someone says a racist joke i would probably laugh (if it's a good joke) is that wrong? i don't think so it's just a joke, it's meant to make you laugh.
    well yes, as long as the joke doesnt go too far.
    then its fine.

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sigh were ever we go there is racism dam, i bet i knwo more about this subject then all you guys Try live in South Africa for a while and u will knwo what i mean sigh.

It's still prtitty bad here on both sides some whites hate blacks some blacks hate white. Actualy to be honest if u are black in this country knwo u are way better off i knwo i'm white and they got this fraken racist employment equity act were it pritty much states if u are balck here is a job if u are white piss the frake off.

And then they bring it into sport dam i hate that man just pick the best team don't put players in that don't deserve to be in the team ahhh it's so annoying.

But sigh i'm so used to it knwo oh well whatever....

Newbie Riou may be famous one day Riou may be famous one day Riou's Avatar
    Thanks
    As Hrob said, everyone is racist to some extent. The extent varies from person to person though.

As far as how to deal with racism it depends on the situation. If it's friends making jokes I'll usually ignore it or laugh if it's not to bad a joke to humor them. Sometimes I'll comment if it's going to far. But for the most part I ignore it.

Racism from other people I don't pay attention to it. It will always be there. ( Atleast for as long as I'm alive.) It may bother me but it's pointless to try and force how I feel or what I believe on someone else. They will believe what they want or how they were raised. Most of the really racist people out there are to set in their ways ( Or ignorant. Maybe the same thing.) To change. It's hard to change how you were raised.

The only time I'd get involved on something racist being said/done by a stranger ( Since it's not my busines to get involved.) Is if there's violence involved. Having your opinion is fine but deciding to get violent with someone over racism is wrong. I actually encountered an incident like that once. Sadly it was my own friends I had to confront about it.

Bah sorry that was a bit long winded and rambling. I'll shut up now. =P

If you cannot answer someones argument, all is not lost; you can still call them vile names.

Newbie durandal may be famous one day durandal may be famous one day durandal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Racism is of course bad, and while my friends, and myself do crack racist jokes occasionally, it is only a joke, and is typically aimed at another of our friends. All said, i think there are also too many people who try to prove that they arent racist. Its so embarrasing to even hear those kind of people.

on a similar note, one of my friends is very christian (though you wouldnt pick it), and was quite (insert word for anti homosexual... its not homophobic, cos its not a fear or anything). But he's fine now - this past year he met a friend of mine he hadnt met before, and worked with him quite a bit on projects and such. Had always said what an awesome guy he was, and only now found out that this friend is gay. so yea, that changed his opinions

Newbie drumcrazycb may be famous one day drumcrazycb may be famous one day drumcrazycb's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Racial Ramarks

i believe that in sretin cases it is ok. i have friends of all different races and it is ok to mess with them because they no that you arent serious. now i dont believe that you should say anything to or around people that you dont no.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    sad to say, i laugh.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah i know what you mean, it definately puts you in an awkard situation when a friend starts cracking jokes like that....it puts me in a very strange position alright. Im of mixed races you see....my father Black, my mother Scottish....so being the chimera that i am, im always having conflicted thoughts on what to ignore what not to ignore etc. But Here's a trick that always seems to work against people saying racial remarks....the effective weapon of silence. If someone cracks a racist joke expecting a laugh out of you...just sit there quiet. Watch his/her reaction.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Same position as serge2005 .The fact is there is some people that are not really open-minded. Even for those who are from different nation.

Example. I've been to Montreal and there ( I'm not racial.) some black that are most racial than us. If you look at them, They shout loud "Your racial, you don't like black..." And when you don't look at them, they say the same thing.

My though is they do this to make them appear most superior than you.

The good thing is that some people, Arabian for example, are in good mod about racial though. They are also joking about themself....
    Coming soon.........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast