Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Racial Remarks

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sadly most of the time I play along. Everyone is a little racist in some way, form, or fashion. It sucks but its the truth. I dont go up to people and act that way and I admit most of the time I dont start it, I'm one of those chime in guys, but even then I dont do it that much. You have to understand I lived in an apartment last year with a Persian and a redneck, both of whom bashed on themselves and other races constantly. Before that I wouldve been scared sh*tless to talk the way they did. But I see it everywhere, from all races, and both genders. Now its more comical then anything, I mean watch any standup show, I doubt they get through it without a joke on race. Its now blown out of proportion to the point of humor. We know its not going to end so maybe the best thing to do is laugh at it. People are so sensitive nowadays when most of the time any mentioning of race is joking anyway.

Now if it is used constantly to belittle someone and make them feel like sh*t, thats a problem. But people have to stick up for themselves and for their culture and race. You have to be proud of what you are and not let words break that feeling or your just as bad as the person throwing those statements out at you. It is sad the issue of race has been taken to this level and is in constant debate, but its how the world has always been and will always be.

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    To me, racism is a bad issue, but sad to say, it happens, even as we try to say we should stop.

Like Riou said, it sometimes are in situations; jokes are fine if everyone understands, but if they don;t then prepare for a scolding, maybe a beating.

In a multiracial country perspective, I think every race should respect each other;s culture and try to live in harmony, but this isn't actually happening, due to majority in one race will cause them to think they are superior, and I look down on people who think like this. Like come on, they need to learn to respect people.
    Sometimes, when i just walk past some people, they will whisper some shit about my race or other races, and this can really cause a fight if I'm hot-tempered. End
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Newbie PSEUDO may be famous one day PSEUDO may be famous one day
    Thanks

Racism Sucks

u
    Quote Originally Posted by Hera
    I think most of you have come into this situation before. A lot of people claim to be open-minded and liberal. However they are in the company of other people of their same race they will sometimes make negative remarks about other races.
    What do you do when people of your race start doing that? Do you join in? Do you keep quiet? Do you admonish them? What if they are people you know well - friends, relatives?
    :

Racism Sucks
    At Least That Is My Opinion On Tne Subject. I Don't Care Who It Is Or How Long I Have Known Them,i Will Let Them Know That I Don't Tolerate Crap Like That. Some People Are Basically Incapable Of Keeping Stupid Comments To Thmselves.anyway If Any Of My Friends Decide To Be Stupid Iadvice Them To Either Shut Up Or Remove Themselves From My Presence.

Newbie HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero's Avatar
    An awful place with mean people known as South Florida
    Thanks
    God, I love posts like this... lot's of people are saying that at one point people have been racist or have thought that way, and I can understand, but honestly, I never have. I can soundly say that I've never felt any disdain to a person of another race before. It's one thing which really gets me mad when people tease other people about their race, even if it's a friend.

A girl at my Art class table is of German desent and she has the 'perfect' blond hair and blue eyes (not supermodle like, she just has them, she's a skateboarder...) and she's always saying racist jokes and people call her a Nazi and she laughes and reminds them she's not offended and she makes lots of Jewish jokes, but she's got friends in all the races she makes fun of. Including me, who is black. My friend's get a kick out of that because I'm from England and I don't act 'ghetto' or speak with eubonics. They go on about me 'acting white' and I'm like, how do you act a race? I'm not even friggin' acting, it's the way I am, how I've been brought up and if apparently that's how all white people act well excuse me. So its like the white people tease and the black people tease me; thank god I don't live to make other people happy. I've grown to ignore it though and they've stopped and learned to accept me how I am, but now it's like the white people think I'm cool and the black ones think I weird, but screw it all, like I said, I'm not living to make others happy.

And I have a friend who's Colombian but he's very fair and could pass as white and he goes on saying racial hispanic jokes and pretending he doesn't speak Spanish well and it makes me sad. It's like this 'accepted' ignorance is everywhere and I just don't understand. But I told my friend to stop saying all the Jewish jokes because she was honestly offending a friend of mine. She doesn't offend me, I sort of just laugh at her because she's so dumb and think's it's funny. It's just sad when people have to tease someone about their race because that's the most obvious thing, if you really want to insult someone pick on something more valid (sorry that sounds dumb, it's hard to explain).

But yeah, I'm honestly a liberal person and sure I see someone's race when I see them but I don't let it affect my judgement of them. Sorry for all my running on, I got really into it .

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    You know it's funny. There's all black schools,

there's all female schools,

but if there's an all white school they call it segratgation or racist.

isn't all black or all female schools just as racist? The only reason there's racisism is because we can never forget our past, and everyone always thinks they're better than everyone.

Lets face it. We're all ignorant. We'll always have the racist issue. Someone will always have harsh feelings to what you did to their "race" in the past because we consider it just that, "race." That's the key word, it's ugly and shouldn't be used. We're all human aren't we!?!?!?!

It's a human consequence are parents, grandparents, and our future generations will always have to suffer. It's sad, but true.

Newbie Xterminate may be famous one day Xterminate may be famous one day Xterminate's Avatar
    Thanks
    They do have all white schools.... Come to Cumming, GA.... Its easy to find them.
    I'm Back with an attitude... So stfu!
    [ MT | My Gallery ]
    "One shot, Two Shot, Three Shot, Four Shots, All I hear is gun shots, This is when the fun stops, Bodies drop hit the floor musics off, Party stops everybody hit the doors, sombodies lickin shots off"

Newbie Moonstruck may be famous one day Moonstruck may be famous one day Moonstruck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ya they actually do all over Georiga but onto the point yes what you said is true Dark. Black people can go around saying the n word as much as they please but if a white guy does it he's in court for charges of racism. If everyone could for once just get along this wouldnt even be an issue. But people cant forget so we will always have some form of racism all over the world.

Don't run from him. You'll only give him
    more pleasure.

Newbie HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero's Avatar
    An awful place with mean people known as South Florida
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    You know it's funny. There's all black schools,

there's all female schools,

but if there's an all white school they call it segratgation or racist.
    I totally understand that, I've thought about it too. Like on the news they were talking about a scholarship for white students and the NAACP (yes, they really need to calm down and get out of their 'everyone's out to get black people' boxes) was saying it was racist or something? Bullcrap! I hate that sort of stuff. How the hell is it any more racist than a scholarship for minorities? And my friends and I were going on about the fact that if a black kid wears a shirt that says 'Black Power' with a fist or something, it's okay but if a white kid wears one with 'White Power' he's a Nazi! It's like only minorities are allowed to have pride because of all they've 'been through' or whatever. Gosh, the world is so dumb... and you're right, racism won't go away and we can't make people feel any differently. I just feel it's an issue brought up too much, whether in simple jokes or politics and society, oh it's all just so dumb.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast