Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Racial Remarks

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'd join in as long as there was nothing serious about it, and I'd join in with racist jokes with ppl of a different race than me as well, even if it were my race being made fun of.

We need humor in our lives and as long as nobody is being serious about what there saying then there's no harm done.

If they were serious then I'd either avoid the situation or say something to them about it, depending on who the person is.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    That's the problem with racist jokes... we don't know when to think of it as an insult or a ha ha good one.

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hera
    I think most of you have come into this situation before. A lot of people claim to be open-minded and liberal. However they are in the company of other people of their same race they will sometimes make negative remarks about other races.
    What do you do when people of your race start doing that? Do you join in? Do you keep quiet? Do you admonish them? What if they are people you know well - friends, relatives?
    The best way to go about race is never to bring it up unless you speak in warranties and not representations, this way you don't make yourself a liability. Also, few exist who are not biased in their ways.

Newbie gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm mexican and when I hear a remark about my race like people calling me a spick I tell them to keep quiet because I bet they dont know anyhting about hispani cs or any other race they are not but that som races have it worse than
    others every day atleast one person calls me a spick and its usually this cop in my nieghborhood

all me ^_^

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yeah, well, a lot of cops down south (I'm guessing you live somewhere like Texas or New Mexico) are racist towards Mexicans. People here in Utah are, too. I'm half-spaniard, and people still call me mexican. Ignorant fools.

Newbie Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha's Avatar
    Thanks
    After reading a few of the replies to this thread, I've realized alot of you were just referencing blacks and whites, in this racism thread. Doesn't racism include all races, ethnicities, cultures, and religions for that matter.
    I understand you may just be giving an example of one of the majority racist topics, but there's more to racism than color.

Racism, in it's wide spectrum, as many have said is an issue that has been around since the beginning of time and it will probably never fade. If someone doesn't like someone else for whatever reason, they will find a fault in them, and continue to pick at it.

Jokes, like others have stated are okay to laugh at, and you DO know when it's gone too far. You feel it. I mean if someones just cracking a joke... ha ha ha. We all laugh, it's when the joke gets longer, or a conversation or argument begins when you know it's gone too far. When people start commenting on this and that about a culture, belief, race, or idea. That's when you just walk away, if you're not like that, why sit and listen to someone's negative opinion on something they don't understand.

Racism is jealousy. Or the Ignorance of someone elses understanding.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    the other bad thing about racism is when I might be trying to describe someone and may say they're black, or gothic or jewish, I hate people who just automatically acuse you of being racist just because you're using their skin color or religion to try and describe them. I hate those idiots. i don't care if you were blue black or white, if someone is gonna be a fag about it, why SHOULD I like them?

Newbie drunken munkee may be famous one day drunken munkee may be famous one day
    Thanks
    its funny when they do have almost all black schools or all white schools and people make those "theyre segregating!" comments. like seriously now. i sometimes think that we actually segregate ourselves. everyone does it even though they dont know it , when buying a house some people look around the neighborhood and tend to live near people who. when my parents first moved here they moved to an area of queens with a large population of asians, and when chosing highschools my brother decided to go to a school with a large asian community. today i live a very diverse community and go to school to a very diverse school. but thats just because i decided to go there .. around it there are schools that are completely black, hispanic, or white, and people do decide to go to those schools.

and about racial comments, when joking yeah they can be funny, when youre joking actually making fun of american stereotypes and saying how ridiculously wrong they are, but when not it just shows insane amounts of ignorance and disrespect. ive walked down streets before and have gotten racial remarks for the color of the skin and just thought to myself how retarded they sounded. i also hate it when a person of one race complains and complains about the disrespect they recieve from one race but in turn disrespects every other race. like wow .. thats the greatest display of stupidity. gandhi once said, "be the change you want to see in the world" i think some should just use the thing between our ears
    "It's not the years in your life that matters, but the life in those years." - Tupac

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast