Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Racial Remarks

Newbie gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Yeah, well, a lot of cops down south (I'm guessing you live somewhere like Texas or New Mexico) are racist towards Mexicans. People here in Utah are, too. I'm half-spaniard, and people still call me mexican. Ignorant fools.
    accually I live in north carolina

but what sucks more is when racism get people killed
    because two weeks ago i saw a man with his 8 year old son the dad called a gang member a spick under his breath and the guy and the dad started talking on his cell phone the little boy walked up to the gang member and said "my dad called you a spick what does spick mean mister " the gang member said youll see in a minute walked up to the dad and punched the dad the dad got pissed and said you spicks are all the same and the gang member said no we are not and shot him to death in front of his son I saw the whole thing I called the cops and stayed with the little boy till his mom came it was so sad to see the dad in a big pool of blood
    Last edited by gungrave433; Dec 16, 2004 at 04:33 PM.

all me ^_^

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks

I think...

I think some gang members and (no offence for the lack of a better term) african american people take comments to seriously.

For instance i know some african american boys at my school who use the slavery way to much because if your white and even look at them they attack you with questions like "wut you got a problum u stupid racist bitch" and all i did was glace because they were practicly yelling to eachother in the hall way which is a definate cause of attention
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    If they were friends and relatives, i would be like (since im asian) "and wats up wit the asians? y do they always have to be smart? why cant they have a big penis like the whites?...etc..." lol, i sometimes like to make fun of my own race, though i dont mean it, its more of like a joke, and we asian groups like that kind of stuff, we even laugh when i say that or some other asians say that. We can make fun of others and make fun of ourselves...

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Racism is about claiming an advantage. It is a way of saying "You target us, we want more rights" However no one knows what the limit is. In relations to blacks, there are two types.

There are the hard working blacks who want to get ahead in life and have and share the same problems other races do that tend to be more social than racial. Economics, family and the such.

Then like every race, there are the extreme lower class. The ones people have problems with and chant racism faster than an egotist can hear himself talk in the mirror.

Racism can be combated by throwing fact and logic into the mix. Calling a person by a race does not make you a racist. There are social facts in place and the problem with it all is that most people who cry "Racism" only do it to draw attention and in fear that they will lose their "Advantage"

The following is an example covering one area of racism which tends to be academic enrollment in the United States. Doesn't cover all ground, but I offer it as a proof that there are times when the word "racism" is simply a tool used to generate fear and control.

------------------------------------------------------

Sitting at the dinner table across from my father, who has two PHDs and has taught for thirty years Sociology, we begin a discussion involving race.

He opened up a leather bag, the ones where you put in folders and laptops and look like oversized wallets. He takes out some paper because he is also a member of the school committe and he doesn 't have the time so he multitasks a lot.

I asked, What is this?

He stated "Our college only has 8% blacks and by law we need to have 10% minimun or we are liable to be sued for discrimination in enrollment malpractice."

I asked him "exactly what does it take in to get in when facing that situation"

He told me "Say you have a 4.0 GPA and have three years of previous computer science training as well as high honors and awards. Now say you had a black who had trouble speaking English, had a 2.1GPA and had no experience."

I said "Alright" while looking at my plate and wondering is there was more rice on the table and if someone could turn up the heat as it was freezing

I then ask "Wouldnt that allow me entry since I am more qualified?"

He said "Not necessarily, because I need to enroll 10% of the college population as black as something mandatory, you are likely to be turned down if there isn't a 1% opening for non-blacks left. Furthermore, blacks receive on record more scholarships in this state so an underqualified student is accepted with scholarships at times and state funding while a qualified student is rejected. This is what people call affirmative action"

I turned and asked my mother "This can not be could it?"

She picked up her fork, pointing it at me and said "The same has been in effect everywhere and it remains the most disputed element in the academic world."

My father brought in a professor friend of his that same night and of course with his friend in the house, means the alcohol comes out. He was talking about that same thing. Stating "A black man has no right to call anyone for racism in a college campus in this nation because they are the only race who only need to be born with a different color skin just to be accepted into an academic institution on a first come, first serve basis"

Now it gets worse because in a lot of academic institutions you are cornered in a way that you are forced to take a black history course because of the people in power. When I took introduction to applied Japanese Culture, according to the college board, that course does not fulfill an international diversity requirement even though it is one of the toughest courses around, forcing you to learn at least two semesters of the Japanese Language as a prerequisite.

However if you take introduction to Black History it counts as both an International Diversity course and an American Domestic Diversity course.

Which that is not right.

When I had enough of the system I stood up and said something, because I wondered what happened and we threatened to collectively sue the college and it was something that made local papers.

In the settlement, two black men were the ones delivering the speech that "Black History is important, and shoud not be denied as it is a fundamental principle in education required to generate a diverse culture"

Fine, but that doesn't prove as to why 90% of the courses in the college catalogue pointing towards diversity requirements are something related to black culture studies.

According to the college I am part of, Introduction to Japanese, European, Chinese and any culture outside the US unless its in Africa does not count as International Diversity.

-----------------------------------------

The point behind this post is that there are times that the word "RACIST!!!!" is redundant, irrelevant and full of it, it is more of a tool of control and generating fear.

Ask a black man the difference between a black and an african American and what you get is a person who says "Who cares, we are black by our skin" but in the United States

Black is a race that was born in the United States and completely assimilated with American Culture without roots or identity while African Americans are Black born in the United states or coming from parts of Africa, that retain their cultural roots.

Same for Spanish. A Hispanic is a person coming from the islands or born in the US that maintains sotrng cultural ties towards their roots. While a Latino is a person from Central American countries that predominantly enter the United States aiming to assimilate themselves into the culture, with latin american roots.

There is so much classification in the United States that each minority if they wanted to can cry racism for one reason or another. The problem is that I believe there is too much leniency and bias.

The best way to end racism in an academics it to have a set of standards everyone equaly must abide to, without any deviation. Since it applied equaly it is not racist and appoint someone who is not biased to represent those standards. Make the laws apply fairly to everyone.

A club I was in would be threatened to be sued because they didn't bend to the will of others, but enforced itself equaly and it was really attacked because when they had complete equilibrium and equality, people cried "RACIST!!!" simply because their advantage was gone and since there was nothing they could do as it was independent, people tried to boycott them, and failed miserably.

It was a music and roleplaying film production club that has the following rules:

Age = 18 + and must have a drivers license and have a vehicle registered.
    Requirements: Must have 2 years proficiency with an instrument, must be able to read, write and compose music and must submit and perform prior to entry.

Must have one year experience with computer technology along with six months editing and working with video.

You don't need to have training in acting or roleplaying. but it is recommended.

So many people complained at these basic rules, which did not include that if you were absent six times in one semester, you would be kicked.

People tried joining by politics, everyone who failed in one thing did not make it and was enforced equally, the people rejected tried to sue calling it racism and discrimination. To prevent lawsuits all applicants files were kept on record with their scores. This experience proved that Racism is about claiming power, control, generating fear and getting people to do things the way you want them to do.

When you deal with a "Racist Remark"

Look through it all and question it, if they can't give you a logical reason why you were being "racist" do what I tend to do.

Legally if you accuse someone of racism, it is considered a threat and if it can not be justified, you can ask for an apology or approach the matter legally. This is the extreme I use when too much leniency is given because if people use the word racism to Collect, I might as well have a lawyer on standby ready.

Just having this has literaly prevented everyone I know from using that declaration in my presence.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to expres how I felt.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Now a days its the Asian community or the Mexican community that gets alot of the ractial comments. I remember back in high school. I was going out with this girl She was a new student in a new lifestyle Being aisan and all. So I hear my friends talking about how asians are crap and all this my G/F walks up and hears them and walks off. I did what any B/F would do for his girl I when up and knoked the main ones teeth down his throat for the comments. But yeah I agree tht most racial comments are uncalled for and why people are so against other races that come to this contry from another one is beyond me

Newbie shadow mosses may be famous one day shadow mosses may be famous one day
    Thanks

i agreee

i agree but i think that the people who are racists are thretended cause my best mate is black and loads of people were racist to him but when walked up to them and asked them to say it again they wouldnt

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Racism is now in discrimination of stance and preference.

There was a sensitive case where a male murdered another because he found out that him along with his girlfriend were straight and not homosexual and since he believed that people in Massachusetts should embrace marriage laws and be homosexual, he made an example of them.

Now to some people its not a matter of who you are, its also what you are. Things get more complicated by the day.....

Newbie gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Animewolf267
    I think some gang members and (no offence for the lack of a better term) african american people take comments to seriously.

For instance i know some african american boys at my school who use the slavery way to much because if your white and even look at them they attack you with questions like "wut you got a problum u stupid racist bitch" and all i did was glace because they were practicly yelling to eachother in the hall way which is a definate cause of attention
    accually the gang memberwas hispanic and I know how being hated cuase of my race like my girl friend shes asian and her dad hates me because I'm a mexican
    and he is always telling her that if we get married in ten years she will be a mother of 8 kids and I will be working as a janitor because I am as dumb than a bag of rocks and we will live in a trailor park
    wich is wrong because I go to school every day I have ap classes and I got a letter from harvard saying if I keep this up they will give me a scholarship to harvard can a moron do that

all me ^_^

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5