Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism and Discrimination... Online, in music, in tha streets

Newbie Ky-kiske30xx may be famous one day Ky-kiske30xx may be famous one day Ky-kiske30xx's Avatar
    Thanks

Racism and Discrimination... Online, in music, in tha streets

Well this has been bothering me for quite some time now and I don't know if this maybe a good topic, but something happen to me not too long ago. Well I was online on my RR messager SN and in a chat room. I was talking to people in there and out of tha blue sumbody said get out of tha chat room nigger... now I didn't know who said it for a min and I didn't care but then I knew he was talking to me when he IM'ed me and said get out of tha chat room nigger. Now I don't make enemies online for its pointless and stupid but over and over he was talking to me about i hate niggers liike you and you should go back to your country and stay naked with tha rest of your kind. I didn't even try to curse him out cause in reality, I really, really, REALLY wanted to but I would be no better than he is. But then other people who was black in the chat room was backing me up and saying that I was being too soft on the redneck and I should get at him but I didn't.

I know I might sound stupid but i'm tired of being racist and of racist people. Its so stupid now its making me sick! If have sumthing about this topic go right ahead, you're titled to your opinions and I won't hold them against you. But please keep it straight and clean

Please... lord, give me the strength to change... change the world... If I could

Sol... once friends now sworn enemies where did we go wrong...

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    That has happened to me before. Sometimes it may be someone playing a cruel joke. Or that person may have meant it. But I no longer go into chatrooms. I find it pointless.
    Seduced by Flesh

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes, what is the point of chatrooms... i really dislike them. Racist's people just feel infoerior to the ones that they are Making funn of. It's truly not right to make funn of someone's color. I always judge people by their personality... Personality is the only thing that should count in this world.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie kauki_smilz may be famous one day kauki_smilz may be famous one day kauki_smilz's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think most people don't often specifiy their ethnicity (when they're online) because they're afraid of situations like that. too often, the internet is seen as something only the extremely intelligent, caucasian male should be entitled to. then, there's the issue of anonimity. just like alcohol gives some people a false sense of courage, so does being able to hide behind a handle that may or may not reflect your true identity. i think it makes the person doing the harrassing feel brave to be able to say those kinds of things to someone knowing that that person is probably a thousand miles away and could never come over and kick their cowardly @ss.

there really isn't a solution. there are going to be ignorant, biased people everywhere you go. the internet is no exception. other than avoiding chatrooms altogether, most people just avoid topics of race. it makes them less paranoid and afraid that they're going to be singled out and confronted.

serving drooling fangirls everywhere, one bishie at a time...

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I see where you are coming from Kauki. But come on. Now a days the only people in chatrooms are children (teens). And teens like to play around.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Ky-kiske30xx may be famous one day Ky-kiske30xx may be famous one day Ky-kiske30xx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, but in tha case that ththis teens are acting this way its gonna be a bad generation in tha works. Cause I was never raise to be racist, but in this society its hard to be neutral about it. Don't like that people can't get along for this silly and all-round ****ing stupid reason as racism. Tha funny thing is, that people are raising children like this how its their fault as mush as tha children.

Please... lord, give me the strength to change... change the world... If I could

Sol... once friends now sworn enemies where did we go wrong...

Newbie Citara may be famous one day Citara may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I have no control on any of this within or outside of the stuff that effects my friends and I. For example the biost admins in my school-
    If you are one of the following you automaticly get out of any trouble whatsoever:
    1. whore
    2. Jock
    2. Prep
    If you are one of the following you will be punished to the fullest extent of the rules:
    1. Goth
    2. Punk
    3. Emo
    4. Metal Head
    5. Outsider

Now don't get me wrong I hate labeling but this is how it is in my school is. Its frustrating but I can't do anything about it so no use going any further into it.
    As for racism most of it its created out of peoples own ****ing imagination. What I said before is not descrimination in my mind just pressure in a way but I mean if I accidently hit into some one in the hallway who happens to be black and they think I am a racist its bull shit.
    Last edited by Citara; Jan 16, 2005 at 05:09 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think of racism as children who never grow up. It reminds me of school yard bullying. Think of it. If a child wants to be mean they will find something to be mean about. Your name, your glasses, your skin, your hair, how you pronounce y'all, they'll find something. True racism is the same way. Unfortunatly since we can't spank them all you can do is be adult about it. Sometimes that means standing up to them (without decending yourself to their level, "am not - am too"), other times that means gently correcting them, and then often it means ignoring them. After all if their opinion is at the level of a school yard bully it is worth about as much in the end.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast