Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Racism and Discrimination... Online, in music, in tha streets

Newbie Ky-kiske30xx may be famous one day Ky-kiske30xx may be famous one day Ky-kiske30xx's Avatar
    Thanks
    I laugh at these people too, but its sad we should lead these simple-minded people to path of rightousness... But its hard to change an ignorant person's mind. I know, because I too thought in a way tha way that white people were tha cause of all black people's problems. And learning over tha years, that I was wrong and still learning now...

Please... lord, give me the strength to change... change the world... If I could

Sol... once friends now sworn enemies where did we go wrong...

Newbie Hammerfist may be famous one day Hammerfist may be famous one day Hammerfist's Avatar
    Thanks
    This all reminds me of the time I was crossing New York City alone at around 2 in the morning. It was raining and I was running for the tube. I might have had one or possibly two drinks too many and took a wrong turn. Before I realized my mistake I was confronted by a gang of black drug pushers. There were about a dozen of them and I began to feel slightly intimidated. They started to shout abuse at me along the lines of “You’re a long f**king way from home white boy”. Etc.
    This was the first time I had really experienced racism that was directed at me. It was vexing. I was outnumbered and alone in the rain surrounded by people who seemed to harbor an irrational hatred towards me simply because of the color of my skin. Although it wasn’t till later I began to think about these feelings and found a new sympathy towards victims of racism.
    The gang spat at me, demanded my wallet and at one point pulled a knife. Fortunately for me I train myself very hard. I managed to knock through the group and set of running. And one thing about doing too much drugs, you can’t run for shit.

So I think we would all agree. New York is a scary city.

Hammer

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm lucky in that I live in an area that's very open to other cultures. Even though I've lived in the UK almost all my life, I can't hide the fact that i'm still of Chinese origin (not that I want to hide it or anything). Of course, even though the vast, vast, VAST majority of people here are open minded and accepting, there is still that 0.001% of ignornat jerks that I bump into once in a blue moon.

I try very hard not to let such stuff bother me, but it's a hard thing to do, as anyone who has endured it knows. There really is nothing pleasant about it.

But the flip side can also be difficult. I have a friend who was once joking around, and he decided to crack a joke at the expence of my ethnicity. I wasn't a half bad joke to be honest and even made me laugh a little, but when a couple of my other friends found out about it, they scolded him pretty badly. He appologised to me and has never told such a joke since... but that's probably when it hit me that prejudice works both ways. He isn't a bad or racist guy at all, and people going off the mark over relativly little things like my friends joke or the link narrator posted... just isn't right.

I'm all against hard racism... but I also think that being too politically correct is counter productive, and probably just ends up fueling it.

Well, that's what I think.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Just thought i'd add this in....... good god.....

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable
    Coon? What slip of the darn tongue.
    Seduced by Flesh

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    the hardest thing is sometimes we make jokes of our own ethnicity within ourselves once in a while

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Sib I totally agree with you, in a stupid way political correctness instigates racism and makes it worse! By reverse racism, the point is one type of person is still being favoured instead of another.

There have been a few members here using reverse racism too, luckily Tsurara was on standby and made the situation quite clear that any kind of racism would not be tolerated. Humans are stupid and cruel from every age in history,every country, every culture, every religion.

Where do you live in the UK? It's a pretty mixed bag, like where I come from there is open mindedness to race, beliefs and sexuality but where I live now, it's breeded into the kids that it's ok to discriminate against certain others. The parents need a sorting out more than the children do

But at least racism isn't as bad as it was! There has certainly progress been made, even if we arn't there yet. The way I see it, if different aspects of the human race were *really* that different, they wouldn't be able to make babies

Jokes can be fun when they arn't meant to do harm. I found a great site not on racist jokes but religious ones, making fun of all of them, wicca and christianity included and some of them were hilarious particuarly one about the High Priestess.
    Last edited by KaiserD; Jan 18, 2005 at 02:54 PM.

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    All that i have to say is why cant we all just get along?
    Seriously i have friends from all ethenic groups and were all great friends and such, we even make some jokes and not take any offence...racism is just a poor excuse for an Argument or violence now days.Jan

Newbie Hammerfist may be famous one day Hammerfist may be famous one day Hammerfist's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree, some of my best friends know colored folk and they’re still my friends. I was once asked a question by an old martial arts teacher.

He said, “Hammer, what makes a Chinese man better than a Japanese man? And what makes a Western man stronger than both?”

Well I didn’t have the answer at the time and he told me to come back to him when I did. He told me it was important that I come to the answer in my own time and that when I find it I will become stronger.

Will I think I have the answer. A Chinese man is better than a Japanese man because his culture tells him he is and his warrior arts are better developed and more refined. And a Western man is stronger than both because he can be both Chinese and Japanese or anything he wishes.

Unfortunately my old teacher died last year, so I have no idea if I am right!

Hammer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast