Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Racism and Racist Remarks

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Racism and Racist Remarks

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangeL_1979
    Yes I agree with everyone......it doesn't matter if its a joke or not......it is still degrading to hear a white man say "nigger" to a black man.

It just doesn't sound right!

Anime 4-Lyf!
    But its alright for two blacks to say it??

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

the problem is, I tend to see the younger African American group of males find it okay to do it. If you take my professor (japanese mixed with African American), he thinks that term is degrading, along with the term "dawg"

I see it this way, if you call your friends "nigga" "nigger" or stuff like that then don't freak out when other call you that right?? I mean I don't go up to my friend and go hey chink or sup chinamen, so I wouldn't want anyone to call me that

Personally one of my friend from AR said it very true, the term racism and the idea of it is being abused.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't agree with two blacks saying it to each other. But we can't force them NOT to say it to each other.

It just doesn't seem right for one race to say a derogatory term to another race.
    It is unethical to do that. You can tell people not to use insulting or offensive tems to each other, but do u really think everyone will listen? I don't think they will, all we have to do is teach our children not to use any offensive remarks to another person whether they have the same ethnic background or not........like Kasai said it has to stop.

Anime 4-Lyf!
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

mei
    Newbie mei may be famous one day mei may be famous one day mei's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the term is kind of like "white trash" "banana" "yellow" etc... most people think racist terms shouldn't be used at all, but there are always a few that are okay with it surprisingly, it's their personality and they don't mind it (?).

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

People know that some labels are inherently negative. "White trash" and "redneck" aren't banned, but your average backwoods caucasian would still cringe a bit when yelled at. Except for the redneck pride types, who are comparable to the african americans who call each other "nigga". I think it's more a lack of understanding. A 18-24 yr old male isn't thinking a lot about his race's history or the cultural significance of his slang. He's thinking about women, money, women, cars, women, maybe rap music, and women. And if looking and sounding tough will get him more women, he's call anybody anything.

Gigolo ("playa") used to sound offensive too, eh?

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

And you cannot forget Wet bag, thatis not nice! We latinos, are sensitive!!!!!!! depends exactly WHO u tell the remarks to
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel that nigger should not be said anymore and that it should be phased out however, I really do feel that its basically racial inequality for a white person if he cannot use a word simply because it reminds the person who it is being used on a time of oppression, if this word has so much emotion and energy into it, then why use it in such normal speech as hello and goodbye and in normal conversation, also like I said in the previous thread, if you treat me with respect, you shall have it, but the moment a black person calls me a cracker, I will call them a nigger. Don't say racial remarks to me and I will not to you; but if you open the door, I will walk through it. As far as general racial remarks are, they should not be said in any speech at all. I feel they can be used in historical context, like if you were writing a book about the civil war or a story set in the civil war period, but to use such remarks in normal speech just shows a lack of respect for yourself and your heritage.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Jul 01, 2005 at 08:34 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mei
    about the term "nigger," I'm guessing that african americans understand each other and knows what it feels like to be called that term by whites... I mean, the history and intentions behind that word (back to slavery at least) is awful.. so even if it's a joke, a white saying that to a black could be offensive while when blacks say it amongst themselves could be considered a joke. But this is a generalization, because I have friends (african american) who don't mind being called that by their close white buddies who they trust. *shrug*
    This is excactly what I mean!
    Its not so much of if a white man says it, it's HOW he says it. A white dude sayin' wassup, my nigga like a black person, when that's clearly how they don't act is just, wack.
    Last edited by Kiri79; Jul 01, 2005 at 09:46 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast