Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Racism and Racist Remarks

Newbie conan lover may be famous one day conan lover may be famous one day conan lover's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Racism and Racist Remarks

yes exactly thank u! friends?

Newbie GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Racism and Racist Remarks

I think of racism is a way to mess with someone's head.because I watch a lot of comedians who make fun of all races and get away with it, but when your on the street and make the same remark it's offensive.....it's stupid to me how it's fine to people when someone is putting down your own race and their the same race as you.it's completely idiotic..because i guess it depends on what emotions you carry with the remark..because if your mad you won't really care about how the person feels but if your in a good mood you'll actually take the time and think about what your saying...i'm not really quite sure about what I think of racism except that it's just another thing holding the world back from world peace(which will probably never come because conflict is natural human behavior).

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Racism is one of the ugliest things about humanity. It's human nature and will always, always be there until the races of man (human to be politicaly correct) are no longer distinguishable from one another. The only real progress we've made as far as racism goes are as follows:
    1) Slavery is no longer being practiced.
    2) Segregaton is no longer recognized as legal.
    3) If you speak out, you won't get assassinated anymore.

Of course I'm speaking of America, I don't know how it is in many other countries.

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

In another thread, some members have made the comment that it's okay for a black man to call a black 'Nigger', but it's not okay for a white man to call a black 'Nigger' because of the differences on the 'intent' of it's usage. So, is a term, or a image, or a concept is condered racist by definition, or is it racist by intent???

Take for example these postal stamps recently issued by the goverment of Mexico...

Now clearly, the goverment of Mexico did not intend to make a racial statement by issuing these stamps, so do these images represent a common cartoon image from the past, or are they reminders of a racial sterotype from more sinister times..

Image is from the MSNBC webposting U.S.: Mexican stamp fuels 'racial stereotypes'
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8410111/

NLPC Says Jesse Jackson Complaints About Racist Mexican Stamps Ring Hollow;Toyota Sponsored Louis Farrakhan Speech at Jesse Jackson Conference
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...h_at_jesse_jac

Mexico Defends Stamp of Black Character
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._controversy_8
    It's a sad day when people considered one of the most innocent characters in Mexican cuture as the topic of a ratial debate. For those that find these stamps offensive, do they at least know what the comic book character is about? the Memin Pinguin comic's been around since 1955 , and the plot is about a bunch of kids that belong to dfferent social classes but they all go to the same school, yet they all manage to get along and end up having all of these amusing situations. If anyone find the stamps of the comic book offensive, find, dont buy them, but not liking them doesnt mean you should stop others from checking them out(at the end that only gives it more popularity).
    And as for the use of the "N" word, i simply dont use it and dont plan on using it anytime soon, people using this word freely is a battle that's not worth fighting for.
    BTW, i'm also mexican
    Last edited by JOJO AC; Jul 31, 2005 at 01:08 AM.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

It's kinda wierd how people treat me. They don't know how to classify me. I'm 1/4 black, 1/4 hispanic, 1/4 Japanese, and 1/4 English. I kinda like the racial spread in my family. It shows that some people really dont care about what race you are and will love you all the more if you are a different race
    Last edited by Metsuki Anba; Jul 31, 2005 at 02:17 AM. Reason: gah!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5