Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 43

Thread: Radical Plastic Surgery

  1. #17
    Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All I'm pointing out, is that reconstructive or not, people still have it done for the same reason. To make them feel better about living in their life, in this world. And isn't that all that counts?

  2. #18
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sasumi
    All I'm pointing out, is that reconstructive or not, people still have it done for the same reason. To make them feel better about living in their life, in this world. And isn't that all that counts?
    No it isn't.

    I have a friend that was burned and scarred on 70% of her body when she was 7 because her brother shoved her into a charcoal grill on accident. She has had countless surgeries in order to make her appear as close to "normal" as possible. There is a huge difference between her and someone who decides they would rather be a DD bra size or need vampric teeth to feel fulfilled (and those at least can be reversed, most plastic surgery can't).

    She loves herself inspite of her appearance, they don't like themselves no matter what their appearance. There is always something new wrong with them. Their eyes, nose, lips, weight, or in the case of radical surgery just being human. Considering that I know a widower with 6 children who lost his wife because she wanted liposuction for their anniversery present....

    When someone goes in for non-reconstructive plastic surgery it means there is something wrong in their head, not their body, and that is what counts.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  3. #19
    Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    No it isn't.

    I have a friend that was burned and scarred on 70% of her body when she was 7 because her brother shoved her into a charcoal grill on accident. She has had countless surgeries in order to make her appear as close to "normal" as possible. There is a huge difference between her and someone who decides they would rather be a DD bra size or need vampric teeth to feel fulfilled (and those at least can be reversed, most plastic surgery can't).

    She loves herself inspite of her appearance, they don't like themselves no matter what their appearance. There is always something new wrong with them. Their eyes, nose, lips, weight, or in the case of radical surgery just being human. Considering that I know a widower with 6 children who lost his wife because she wanted liposuction for their anniversery present....

    When someone goes in for non-reconstructive plastic surgery it means there is something wrong in their head, not their body, and that is what counts.
    What if a girl didn't look normal because she was competely flat chested? And she wanted like a B cup. Isn't that really the same thing? She wants to look normal too. To feel better about herself, just as your friend had surgery to make her look more normal.

    Did you ever watch the show the Swan? Where they took people, and gave them plastic surgery, counseling, etc. Didn't they look and feel much happier?
    Last edited by Lady Sasumi; May 20, 2005 at 11:32 AM.

  4. #20
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sasumi
    What if a girl didn't look normal because she was competely flat chested? And she wanted like a B cup. Isn't that really the same thing? She wants to look normal too. To feel better about herself, just as your friend had surgery to make her look more normal.
    Who says that's not normal? I was a AA before I had children. Inspite of the steriotype that the entertainment industry tries to sell you I was NOT out of place. Teenagers with C or D cups however are. I was considered very attractive by the guys (trying to be humble). The guys that count don't care about your bust size, only whether you are confident in yourself. It's all in the head. Surgery can't treat that.

    Just remember, this is surgey. Every time you go under the knife whether it is for a heart problem or a bust enlargement you take the chance of not waking up. Is a bust increase so some pervert can talk to your chest really worth it?

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  5. #21
    Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Who says that's not normal? I was a AA before I had children. Inspite of the steriotype that the entertainment industry tries to sell you I was NOT out of place. Teenagers with C or D cups however are. I was considered very attractive by the guys (trying to be humble). The guys that count don't care about your bust size, only whether you are confident in yourself. It's all in the head. Surgery can't treat that.

    Just remember, this is surgey. Every time you go under the knife whether it is for a heart problem or a bust enlargement you take the chance of not waking up. Is a bust increase so some pervert can talk to your chest really worth it?
    Well personaly, I would never do it because I would be afriad that I would never wake up again. Which means for someone to do it, they have to really want it bad.

    I agree that is all in the head, however, I don't really think most people can believe it until they see it. They want the normal Hollywood look, because they want the everyone to see them as hot. So they can get guys to do whatever they want. (I watch a lot of plastic surgery shows, to see why they do it, and thats where I came up with my last sentence.)

  6. #22
    ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    buckingham, near milton keynes england
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if no body got surgery then most people would look fairly similar so people with no or little bust are more likely to think "ok, i can live with it lots of people have a similar bust size." no one would desire the "hollywood" look if no body could actually attain it. what causes alot of people to feel bad about themselves is because the people who they see on tv and stuff have had surgery and look abnormal. besides some people, infact alot of people lok worse after surgery, just look at jordan/ katie price. bluuueghh
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

  7. #23
    Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In front of a computer monitor
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wink

    i have to agree on this one with you Arrianna if you have to change your self so some one could look and or notice you than it's not wirth it i mean i have acne and people at my school talk behind my back saying he's ugly with all that acne on his face if they want to talk let them it's like Arrianna said it's all in your head i dont really care if i have acne or not all i care is doing my thing no one is ever going to make me want to change my self to sute them if thats the case then why be with that person in the first place theres always going to be some one who like you for the way you look and i think people who get radical plastic should feel stupid for doing some thing so dume like that why follow the media and be an other sheep when you can be the your self and be a leader i really hait people who judg on thers when knowing there f**k up to what im really trying to say is only get surgery when its a life or death sittuation not for your own stupid needs
    Last edited by Avatar theif#1; May 21, 2005 at 08:17 PM.

    Do to others as you see fit
    Avatar Thief#1

  8. #24
    Newbie yum9 may be famous one day yum9 may be famous one day yum9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Plastic surgery isn't always bad. If you are extremely obese, you could have some fat siphoned out and it could make your life easier and possibly increase your life expectancy (not by a lot though). I'm not sure if it would be considered plastic surgery or not... Reconstructive surgery also makes sense as when people have a broken bone they go to get it healed, it's not that different, it depends on the context mostly.

    Cosmetic and this radical plastic surgery is just another way of trying to personify the perfect being of beauty. At first it was bigger chest/hip size, but now with new ideas of beauty sprouting (hooray!) people are resorting to wings and tails (boo!). If you can't life with the way you look and are constantly thinking about other's opinion's of you over yourself, then you have a flawed mindset on life. Changing your apperance, tatoos, loosing weight, piercings, show human spirit in some form or another. Plastic surgery just seems like a little kid dressing up for Halloween, for the rest of his life.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts