Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Radical Plastic Surgery

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yay, the first thing i would get are wings...
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Newbie Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thevampirealacrud
    Yay, the first thing i would get are wings...
    I hope you are prepared to go through life with huge, folded-up masses of tissue on your back-if you want to fly, you will need a very low wing loading, and if your weight is taken to be 65kg, you will probably need a 70ft or so wingspan with 4ft breadth, and preferrably swept wingtips etc, and then structural support is a major issue...

<Insert some aerodynamic engineering gunk here>

...Then there are numerous human factors-training yourself to glide at first is potentially dangerous and almost as dangerous as one's first skydive. Aircraft strikes are another issue still, as are bird and insect strikes. Energy consumption would relegate you to little more than gliding unless your metabolism is ridiculously high. To add to the numerous human factors, there is the issue of how you will be accepted by society. Most importantly, you yourself may later feel that the aformentioned wing tissues and spars are simply foreign tissues and not a part of yourself, even if they were initially created from your own stem cells or something like that.

Now for aerodynamic stability-you are probably not looking at either vertical stabilization or secondary horizontal stabilizers of any sort. This means that a ridiculously complex brain would be required to keep you in the air, just as Northrop's B-2 Stealth Bomber (a flying wing design with no secondary stabilization) requires a ridiculously complex computer just to maintain stability. In other words, get an I.Q. test before getting your surgery.

Another suggestion-study aerodynamics, doing so will help you, as will taking flying, skydiving, and hangglding lessons.

Aerodynamic efficiency is another issue still, but I won't delve into it.

Of couse if all you care about are asthetics then all my aerodynamic and technical tidbits don't matter to you.
    There is no spoon, Neo.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks
    thats true but getting radical surgery is still going to affect you and ohers around you so messing up ur life self will affect others around you in doing so you would still feel like shite so in reallity your just paying some one to make your life even worse than before so theres really no point in fixing your self out side when you havent even begun in the inside so when you get that done then start fix the outside of your self

Do to others as you see fit

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    I would get...cybernetic implants. I would go full cyborg, exocet for my brain. That would be nice. I want to live as long as I can. In any form that I can
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Newbie Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninrev Sirgem
    I would get...cybernetic implants. I would go full cyborg, exocet for my brain. That would be nice. I want to live as long as I can. In any form that I can
    Well so do I. And after all, when nanotech comes of age, I will finally ge able to get IR color cones so that I can see heat signatures.
    There is no spoon, Neo.

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes...and laser eyes!

Thanks
    on the other hand theres a risk of infection...
    There is no spoon, Neo.

Thanks
    Yes. When people got to hospitals, there is always a chance they get sick. It is a satistical fact that just being in a hospital increases your chances of being sick by 46%.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast