Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rap/HipHop lovers.. Tell me who you like?

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Most rap is all about I hit that ass...Now show me what you got!

Sex and money. Are the most common things to rap about.
    Seduced by Flesh

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Jedi Mind Tricks (group from philly who's basis is mythology, mind control and goverment conspiracies)

Swollen Members (canadian act that focuses on the actual art of rap oppose to jewlery, money etc.)

People Under the Stairs (LA group who likes mixing in a lot of jazzy tones to their cutting edge sound)

Talib Kweli (positive rap in its purest form)

Slum Village (group from Detroit who enjoy nothing more than just getting on the microphone and having fun with it)

Common (deep, thought provoking hip hop....yes there is such a thing believe it or not)

The Pharcyde (the west coast b-boy originators)

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Talib Kweli (positive rap in its purest form)

Slum Village (group from Detroit who enjoy nothing more than just getting on the microphone and having fun with it)

Common (deep, thought provoking hip hop....yes there is such a thing believe it or not)

Aye. I love Common.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity's Avatar
    Thanks
    GOD im so sick of that girls/money/drugs/ bullsh**

i understand it, because the black man didnt have any money or rights not all that llong ago. but it gets way too far..

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx_Insanity
    snoop just has a cool voice,and hes a cool guy. thats all.
    and he's ovverated.. (no offense, because you seem to be a DOGG fan)
    You do remember the young snoop and the NWA years right?

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

AO Member 04blue may be famous one day 04blue may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I haven't been listening to a lot of new stuff recently - all my money goes on manga. But I do like some things I've heard from:
    Beastie Boys
    Mobb Deep
    Pharoahe Monch
    Dilated Peoples
    De La Soul
    Canibus
    Mos Def
    Talib Kweli
    Btw, not that I know anything but I think it's a bit unfair to say all rap is about sex/drugs/money. Aside from De La Soul being (initially) a lot less gangsta than that, Mos Def allways struck me as more of a thoughtful rapper likewise with Kweli.
    Two tracks I can remember that definitely aren't about sex/drugs/money are Canibus - Office Space (not really seriously though) and Mos Def - New World Water.

Newbie Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 04blue
    I haven't been listening to a lot of new stuff recently - all my money goes on manga. But I do like some things I've heard from:
    Beastie Boys
    Mobb Deep
    Pharoahe Monch
    Dilated Peoples
    De La Soul
    Canibus
    Mos Def
    Talib Kweli
    Btw, not that I know anything but I think it's a bit unfair to say all rap is about sex/drugs/money. Aside from De La Soul being (initially) a lot less gangsta than that, Mos Def allways struck me as more of a thoughtful rapper likewise with Kweli.
    Two tracks I can remember that definitely aren't about sex/drugs/money are Canibus - Office Space (not really seriously though) and Mos Def - New World Water.
    maybe not, but any fu**** with money, and that talks about those things, and can do it good enough, can get into the mainstream so easily. not all rap is about that, i said most. If i didn't, thats what i meant to say.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    i like the new Beastie Boys rap. that's it. i just enjoy it, becuz it's funny to see these guys try to fit in. and i give them a salute for that. all that other stuff sucks. i wouldn't even consider it music. i've said it for so long, and no one believes me. it isn't real music. it is beats set to some jackass talking fast. that's it. what is so great about that? hearing soem faggot talk real fast does not interest me one little bit. and adding fat beats to it? well gee, now i most certainly have a reason to listen to it now don't i? **** rap/hip-hop/anything else related to that bullshit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast