Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is rap music degrating to women?

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Is rap music degrating to women?

Alot of people say that. One thing on the news said that 50 cent's Candy Shop song was really degrating, along with the Ying Yang twin's Whisper Song. I don't agree. I love rap, and really, not all rap music is like that. The girls in the video choose to be in the video. Rap isn't all that degrating, is it?

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is rap music degrating to women?

Well I mean its whatever. I dont know if I would take offense to it if I were a woman, but if you listen to alot of the lyrics it gets pretty rough sometimes. Personally I dont think its a big enough problem to really do anything about, besides its somewhat of a lifestyle now and nothing is going to stop that. I think the only weapon against it would be time, I mean the content will change to something else soon enough, it always does.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Well I mean its whatever. I dont know if I would take offense to it if I were a woman, but if you listen to alot of the lyrics it gets pretty rough sometimes. Personally I dont think its a big enough problem to really do anything about, besides its somewhat of a lifestyle now and nothing is going to stop that. I think the only weapon against it would be time, I mean the content will change to something else soon enough, it always does.
    wise as ever, and ive never really met a single girl who has been offended by any rap song lyrics, most of the time their the ones singin them, and as delerium said, it will change with the time

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri79
    Alot of people say that. One thing on the news said that 50 cent's Candy Shop song was really degrating, along with the Ying Yang twin's Whisper Song. I don't agree. I love rap, and really, not all rap music is like that. The girls in the video choose to be in the video. Rap isn't all that degrating, is it?
    Yes, it is.

It doesn't matter whether the women choose to be in the video or not, that's not the question. The question is what kind of image do the videos portray?

Do you believe that the purpose of a womans life should be to suck up and sleep with whatever guy has the c$sh along with all his other b-tches?

Can you name a positive point concerning women to any Rap songs or videos and are they the exception?

For the record I loved Rap when it first hit the scene. Now? Whenever I see some guy dripping in his "filthy lucre" surounded by bevy's of gyrating hips....I turn it off. It's the modern day harem without the responsibility and it's just as degrading.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

agreeing with arrianna!!
    Though i hated rap when it started and hate it now... i always knew that it degraded all sorts of people... not just girls but also disfferent races of people!!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I can't hear half the lyrics anyway, and I don't listen to rap. There's a few good songs every once and awhile, but in the end it's not so much the music they're playing, it's the videos they shoot with it. I mean, most of them are just plain shitty. They have these features.

Women in skimpy outfits
    some huge fat guy
    the main rapper walking throughout
    black people.

That's the base of every rap video I've ever seen. Not that I've seen very many, but I'm just saying.

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the reason some woman are degrated, is because those woman who they hang with are (those names) but Tupac respected women.......
    N.E who, no, they don't its just that rappers are used to being surrounded by groupiesS
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

I think that there are some women the feel degraded, because most rap songs are about the stuff mentioned earlier.
    But there are rap songs that express totally different opinions, i wouldnt say Rap in gereal is Degrading, but alot of the songs must be.
    just my opinion.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast