Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is rap music degrating to women?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is rap music degrating to women?

I agree, not ALL rap is like that I'm sure, but there's a fairly large percentage that is...

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

For the most part Rap music IS degrading, and i don't really care for it. But i love hip-hop music, and the sad thing is that America and most of the world for that matter don't know the difference between Rap & Hip-hop. Well I'll give everyone here a quick and brief lesson....Rap is basically showboating a persona that most people can't ever reach, ridiculous amounts of money, exotic cars, random women everywhere, jewlery ect. and focuses mainly on and around money or negative topics, and just about any 12 year old with a G.E.D can become a rap star. Now Hip-Hop on the other hand is an actual artform performed from the heart in alleys and record stores ect. that embraces poetry & the freedom of speech and ACTUALLY HAS A POINT. For instance, 50 Cent, Nelly, Ja Rule & Lil Jon are Rappers. People like Mos Def, Common, The Pharcyde, Jurassic-5, Kanye West are Hip-Hop artists. So like i stated above... Hip-Hop Rap

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, here's another question.

If ALOT of the music and MOST of the videos like that, how is it not degrading "in general"?

Isn't that what "in general" means?

I also fail to see how, in saying that most of the women that rappers hang with and are filmed with really ARE b-tches, absolves them or prevents them from being degrading to women. Doesn't it just means they ARE propagating the steriotype of woman as sex-toys/objects?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes Rap music IS degrading. I have a black friend that likes rap and all kinds of music. So ive heard some of it, and most of it was very degrading. They insult police, women, and white ppl. God rap and hip hop make my ears bleed. I'd rather listen to big band music. If americans are held hostage again somewhere, rap will surely drive out the terrorist!!

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Yes Rap music IS degrading. I have a black friend that likes rap and all kinds of music. So ive heard some of it, and most of it was very degrading. They insult police, women, and white ppl. God rap and hip hop make my ears bleed. I'd rather listen to big band music. If americans are held hostage again somewhere, rap will surely drive out the terrorist!!

how is rap degrading on white ppl? Eminem is white! as for the cops, they never helped, when it comes to make money, tha's right ppl need to find a way to make money, women? well simple answer rappers are used to women who only think of sex. The reason these women only thinkf of sex with rappers, is for street cred, and money
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Newbie nirvana beyond stupidity may be famous one day nirvana beyond stupidity may be famous one day nirvana beyond stupidity's Avatar
    Thanks

I must applaud any person or group of people who can make money on the stupidity of the masses who see an icon they want to be.. there are good rappers just few and inbetween.. if the music and the videos are degrating that is because thats what the people want to see..

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

It is simply this peeps.......some rap songs are degrading some are not!

Don't get me wrong, I like listening to some rap music....just not all of it. Some are too degrading to listen to....... I actually like hip-hop more than rap, except maybe for Tupac, RUN DMC, Naughty by Nature......they were the ones I listened to a lot.

So to me, If u get offended by rap, then don't listen to it all. Some people just get to hung over a song that degrades women that they won't listen to the good ones anymore, coz they think that they are all the same, even though they are not!

PEACE!!!

Otaku fatsobob may be famous one day fatsobob may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes, it is degrading to women.
    But it is the first ammendment right to free speach so there is nothing that can be done.
    I personally dont have any problems with rap beause it only affects you if you let it affect you.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast