Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Is rap music degrating to women?

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is rap music degrating to women?

In every genre there is going to be degrading music.
    Seduced by Flesh

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Im gonna say it whether it's true or not, you rarely see any person doing poetry slam (is that what you call it) get famous with the money and stuff, so let's put it this way when it's about the $ your values go down the drain fast than the spam count in the "what are you listening to now?" thread.

Besides rappers are all about street-cred and shooting at each other whether it's in their songs or with an uzi. That's why I found it so weird when I saw this picture of 50 cent kisser another black dude (forgot who)...so if you have a rapper rapping about "im an one woman man" or "im a good cuddler" holy hell he's going down the drain as well

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku xotix may be famous one day xotix may be famous one day xotix's Avatar
    Thanks

if u think rap is degrading to women, you should listen to the more vulgar type of dancehall. most dancehall tracks are good, but there are a few dancehall artistes that are really awfull.

Newbie animenet may be famous one day animenet may be famous one day
    Thanks

Sometimes the things said in rap are pretty wierdly said. I used to listen to rap, and from what things I heard, it was degrating, but the people choose to be degrated.

Newbie XxLinkinParkxX may be famous one day XxLinkinParkxX may be famous one day XxLinkinParkxX's Avatar
    Thanks

Meiwaku pretty much hit that one on the head. New school rap full of worthless crap. If you like rap go old school, Tupac RunDMC NWA they have a reason to rap and a passion not like all of todays mainstream rap, its just for money.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

The real question should be "Is rap music degrading to humanity?" XD

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

^not really, that would mean they're shitting on themselves. I wish rap would die. At least today's rap.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Narrator had a good point about rap v. hip-hop.

You know, it's marketing all over again. Bling always gets pushed, whether it's 50cent, PDiddy, BIG, or MC Hammer (whoa). I appreciate a rapper with flow (not everyone's got it), but the lyrics are a hang-up from the lifestyle. People think they've gotta degrade women, talk about Bentleys, shooting in the club, etc. That makes the MCs bragging about their names sound almost tolerable.

But beyond that, I'm put out with the music. In 1 year's time, I've heard the same Lil Jon(producer extaordinare or exploitationist?) backing track used by 3 different artists! And Yin-Yang twins (definition of degrading women) just recycle their OWN beats! Man, if Lil Jon just used his powers for good, the 808 would blast trunks far and wide. Without making us turn the station when moms rides along...

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast