Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Re:Obsession with beauty?

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obsession with beauty?

It's not the individual's fault if they think of themselves as ugly. I have a poor self-image because of years of bullying. And people say, "But you shouldn't feel that way about yourself! Everyone is beautiful inside!" but do you know how hard it is to think differently about something that has been drilled into your head for years?

And the media's portrayal of "the perfect body" doesn't help. There are so many products to make yourself look "younger and more beautiful".

But you know what? It's never going to change. There are tons of fads, but it will never be a fad to just accept yourself as you are. People will always have insecurities, even the ones who are seemingly so "attractive". It comes with the package of being able to communicate and think, the package of being a human.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Newbie lilith may be famous one day lilith may be famous one day lilith's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel that there is one phrase which fully describes beauty and taht is the well known, over-used 'beauty is skin-deep'. I know everyone says it, but it really is true. Okay if you're drop-dead gorgeous then that's great but if you have a personality like a constipated rhino with a pinaple up it's nose then you're not going to get far socially. HOwever, the other side is that if you are the most sweet-natured person ever to grace the earth but you look like a diarrhetic llama's backside, then you will have to meet a really 'unjudgemental' person who won't take one look and think, 'oh they must be horrible' and immediately swarm around the nearest 'queen bee' in the hive.
    mmmmm....nice young men...

Newbie badlydrawngirl may be famous one day badlydrawngirl may be famous one day badlydrawngirl's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that beauty is both inside and out (yeah i know i sound so cliche here). it is your personality, the things you do for people and what makes you you. and you could also look at outer beauty again saying the things that make you you (or in my perspective the things that make you attractive not meaning the size of some unmentionables but rather gestures how you do something that is important) geez i wrote so much already...hehe...
    [Read it: The rules, Too many lines of text -AO Staff]

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doobara_Dimagh
    Its due to genetic predisposition, as certain traits are subconsciously associated with good genes that result in better survival in the wild.
    yeah but this has changed in a way, if it was to work purely on survival instincts then supermodels would seem disgusting to us as what we would look for in the wild would not be the skinnyest tallest one but a tallish one with abit of wieht to keep the baby warm. i personally like girls with a bit of weight on them, but there is a point where it stops being a bit of weight. i think that what has happened is the media has poisoned our minds, all we need to do is gently ease slightly larger "uglier" ladies and guys on to screen gently.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Obsession with beauty?

A quote I practically live by is:"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" which is stating that beauty is individualistic which means someone might something ugly but another person might find it gorgeous...so if you think about it there are more that million people in the world and someone is bound to find you beautiful and someone is bound to find you ugly...so you'll always be ugly but beautiful at the same time..lol .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3