Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Read: Signature size rules

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GallComp
    Not you too buddy.... First Zui and now you are sending me all the questions.... Arghhhhh *dies from a stroke*
    someone sounds over stressed.....

about signatures. it is possible to revoke the use of the [img] [/img] tags that link to somewhere outside AO in the signatures forcing people to use the web hosting provided by AO. you could at the same time put some restrictions on the ammount of text that is used in the signatures.

this was implemented by another forum that i am a moderator of ant it works very nicely (except for the signature size thing at first but we fixed that (the website didn't host the images so the image size filter didn't work as origionaly written)). it was necessary to reset all current menbers signatures to install but since then the only problem myself and the other staff of the forum have been having is users putting inappropriate images and text in their sigs. (and you wouldent BELIEVE what somepeople will try (well... the staff here at AO probably have a pretty good idea...))

perhapse we could try something like that here?
    Last edited by dragonrider2004; Feb 05, 2005 at 06:06 PM.

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo45
    Hmmm...i dont think mines too big now is it?....or maybe it is...i might have to find a way to make a new one...either that or ill not have one at all =P....then again i can always downsize it to fit XD
    Yes yours is too large. You need to lower the height of your sig to 110. You currently have 187.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider2004
    someone sounds over stressed.....

about signatures. it is possible to revoke the use of the [img] [/img] tags that link to somewhere outside AO in the signatures forcing people to use the web hosting provided by AO. you could at the same time put some restrictions on the ammount of text that is used in the signatures.

this was implemented by another forum that i am a moderator of ant it works very nicely (except for the signature size thing at first but we fixed that (the website didn't host the images so the image size filter didn't work as origionaly written)). it was necessary to reset all current menbers signatures to install but since then the only problem myself and the other staff of the forum have been having is users putting inappropriate images and text in their sigs. (and you wouldent BELIEVE what somepeople will try (well... the staff here at AO probably have a pretty good idea...))

perhapse we could try something like that here?

That is possible, but that needs to be put to the Adminstrators to decide. We already have a restriction of the length of text for a sig in the rules.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sedka
    There was a error in the signature requirments when uploading a signature and the forum rules. We have fixed that error and have made it match the forum rules. The rules states "Maximum dimensions for signatures is 110(height)x450(width), maximum filesize is 150kb. ONE IMAGE ONLY!" This size is the same dimensions as in the old AO. If you have a signature that exceed these dimensions, please replace them. We are enforcing the rules. Sorry for any confusion and mixup.

If there are futher questions PM (Gallcomp :P) or the administration.
    Sorry Sedka, I fixed my sigy(293widthX110 height now). It complys now!! How come you listed the height first in your post here. At first glace, I said 110X450 wierd sigy dementions. Thinking 110 width and 450 height, because most editing programs list width first then height. Ah, who cares it just confused me at first.

Newbie Kaoru may be famous one day Kaoru may be famous one day
    Thanks
    These limits are very small.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru
    These limits are very small.

Trust me they are not small... I think they are a perfect size. I go to another forum where the avatars are limited to 50x50 and the signatures limited to 400x60
    AO is generous.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just be glad we aren't going to a saller standard of 486x60 Thats small so no complaining

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2