Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Reading

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks

The Books--

Dhramapada(religous/buddhism), Ways to Practice(religious/any), Hawkmoon (awesome Fantasy story), Tales of Power (Don Juan), Tao Te Ching, Billions and Billions (enviro/nonfiction, Carl Sagan), and hmm..

Those are some of my rencent ones. There is a huge English book on Buddhism I've read, but that was for interest and more artcile-fact based. I've read a lot of books but the list above stands out well.

Newbie Arbiter may be famous one day Arbiter may be famous one day Arbiter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jao
    There is a huge English book on Buddhism I've read, but that was for interest and more artcile-fact based.
    I know a handful of facts about Buddhism but just to renew some ideas, could you sum of Buddhism in 20 words or lees for me please? I'm SO curious

"If they came to hear me beg, they will be dissapointed."

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Life is Suffering.

The end is important in all things.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    omg you've read it? I love it, I didn't even read the first one, and now I really want to find it.

*anticipating an actual visit to the library...
    Be prepared to check out the whole series. Once you start there's no going back.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie clyodna may be famous one day clyodna may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I read almost any manga that i can get my hands on
    And also science-fiction and fantasy
    though i'm reading the great clasics right now:
    Goethe, Hemingway, Proust, Dostolevski
    I just finished James Clavell "Shogun" it was great though long

Newbie angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam's Avatar
    on a distant planet where i am a humble storyteller. in reality, i live in a city. not telling which
    Thanks
    i'm considered a bookworm, i read just about anything, but i'm fond of comedy and fantasy.
    at the moment i'm reading the adventures of sherlock holmes.
    The noble ones of this world
    Are the ones that repent
    of their own sins

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yeah... I read too much for my own good. I just barely finished reading Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy (for the 147th tme) and then I plan to read something interesting, like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. That should be interesting.

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Shougun was perhaps the best book i've ever read. It's about the first englishman in Japan, and i thought it was very exciting.

More recently i read an old 70's book called The Analog Bullet that i found at a used book store. it was about hybrid analog-digital computers and the emergence of artificial sentience. If you can manage to find it, it's a must read for fans of Deus ex Machina, Ghost in the Shell, and The Matrix.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4