Thread: Realistic Flowers, Help

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Realistic Flowers, Help

I need help with making realistic flowers. Can someone help?
    Seduced by Flesh

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Realistic Flowers, Help

By 'make' I assume you mean draw? Well... if drawing flowers is really what you are after then maybe I can help (a little, i'm not big on fine or life art).

I find that when you need to make sketches, paintings or whatever with high deatil, a photograph of what you are trying to draw helps... or even better, some actual, well lit flowers right in front of you.

If you sit and look at the flowers for a few moments, you should find yourself taking mental notes about size, shape and shade. Visualise the flowers becomming a picture and then once you have a clear cut image of what you want in your head, slowly start to put pencil to paper. Be sure to sketch down all of the dominate features first and then add a few deatils. Remember that real flowers have small imperfections in the petals, stems and leaves. Leaving them out might make the finished picture 'look strange but for no apparent reason'.

Drawing an outline of a flower is all well and good, but to make it look real as such, you need to add gradiated shading (pencil or colour shading). Pay close attention to where the light is strongest on the flower and where it is weakest, then shade accordingly. This process takes up the most time, and i'd be impressed beyond words if you could do it and do it well in under an hour or two. Patiance, Attention to Detail and Practice are the key words that you should be repeating to yourself.

To be fair, i'm probably the worst person in the world when it comes to drawing realistic looking objects, so what I offer is more like basic and very general guidlines than actual advice... but I hope I at least maybe made you feel more confident.

Hope you get your flowers kasai

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Thnx for the tips, but I meant for photoshop. I need to make a flower back ground.
    Seduced by Flesh

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you considered finding a flower magazine and scanning? It's what I used to do. A digital camera is my technique now.

If you want to do it with photoshop on your own I would still recomend the magazine for reference. The key to flowers is asimetry. There's no such thing as balance in nature. I could probably help more if you gave me a better idea what you were after.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!