Thread: Reality or fantasy?

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question Reality or fantasy?

After hearing that Battle Angel Alita may be adapted to motion picture at the hands of James CameronI got thinking. Having viewed previous adaptations of previous anime/ animations, namely Fist of the North Star, I wonder is it possible to properly adapt what works brilliantly in fantasy (animation) to real life. Are there any examples of anime that have a plausable motion picture equivelant or is it better not to make the leap from fantasy to life or vice versa?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reality or fantasy?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

There has been a few Japanese examples of manga series (with derived anime spinoff series) becoming successful TV series. The best example is GTO, which the manga based live action TV series became the highest rated TV program in the history of Japanese TV broadcasts. There is also a 'Your Under Arrest' TV series as well.

Then again, some live action series did not turn out well at all, such as the live action 'Cutie Honey' movie, as well as the forgettable live action Gundam movie...

There are also some cases where a live action US TV show has been adapted into anime, as currently there is a 'Highlander' anime series under production. There are also rumors that a live action 'Witch Hunter Robin' series is in pre-production for the Sci-Fi channel...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    as well as the forgettable live action Gundam movie...
    Please tell me your joking. There was actually a live action Gundam film? I't must've been pretty awful if i haven't heard a word on it to this day. Yikes

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Please tell me your joking. There was actually a live action Gundam film? I't must've been pretty awful if i haven't heard a word on it to this day. Yikes
    Yes, I did say 'forgettable'. There is a good reason why you haven't heard of it. It was a official Sunrise endorsed US production that was shown on the Sci-Fi network...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0198123/
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...roduct-details

And a (unrealistic??) optimistic review...
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...lay.php?id=212
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie silversurfie may be famous one day silversurfie may be famous one day silversurfie's Avatar
    Thanks

The CG in G-Savior was pretty good... only thing lacking was the story... god the story sucked...

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

Were any of the films or series released in the uk. Also there was a highlander animated series 6 or 7 years ago on kids tv in the uk (on the bbc I think). Finally are there any opinions or knowledge of the supposedly up coming live action battle angel film.