Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reality TV

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Reality TV

OK basic thread here I just wanna know, what are your views on this "new style" of TV called "reality TV"?
    I know that it's been around for a while but I've only recently noticed how much of TV is filled with this cr*p, and alot of it isn't "reality" as it claims, I've seen tons of shows now that claim to be real but you can tell that it's all scripted, because almost all of that stuff would never happen in real life, yet somehow it does just when they have a camera....
    But then again that's just my opinion, I could be wrong, maybe it's a god-sent gift to save TV or maybe we're all going to hell in a handbasket.

So what are your views on this fad?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reality TV

A lot of these "reality" tv shows are fake and edited over and over again as it was shown in some show I remember seeing on vh1...

The only reality tv show is sports on tv

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh man you have no idea how much I dislike reality tv. I'm doing a report on it for school and it's looking pretty good. Moving along i am so tired of it. It shows the worst aspects of human nature i mean look at "The Apprentice". In New Zealand we have just had our second season of New Zealand Idol which was exactly the same as the second season of Australian Idol and the third season of American Idol. I want decent dramas and comedies. Does anyone else agree with me on this come on you know you want to voice your opinion. Oh and I was born in England as well.

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Haha tis abit of a coincidence no? About an hour after I made this thread I heard on the radio that in the Dutch Big Brother, one of the contestants has given birth on the show, but the funny thing is, that they're only allowed to show it on TV for a certain amount of air time because it has no contract!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyz
    Haha tis abit of a coincidence no? About an hour after I made this thread I heard on the radio that in the Dutch Big Brother, one of the contestants has given birth on the show, but the funny thing is, that they're only allowed to show it on TV for a certain amount of air time because it has no contract!
    HA HA HA Are you serious?? WOW WOW That is really awful. Well, my view on reality TV is that... well... It's not reality!!!! All those people on those shows are pathetic and positively starving for attention. Most of these reality shows are scripted. And furhter more... THEY ARE PREDICTABLE. The producers pick people based on how much drama they will bring to the show... Getting people to watch it over and over. My step-mom watches that crap... She watched that stipid Fear Factor show... AARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH make it stop!!!!! I don't watch TV anymore because of reality TV.... except I do watch my Korean soap operas and anime.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

I passionately hate every last one of them, however...I always wanted to see that Russian reality show where they drop people off in random places around the world with no money or food, and whoever gets back home first wins. Sounded like fun to me!

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

my favorite reality tv show was Celebrity Boxing
    that was frickin sweet
    and if shows like Maximum Exposure and Ripley's Believe It or Not counts as reality tv, then yeah

everything else is lame
    sexy young people eating disgusting things
    getting hurt and humiliated
    how boring... *sarcasm*

oh yeah, Japanese variety shows kick ass

MXC!!
    woo...
    yay, Spike TV...

anyway, I'd rather watch The Soup than the actual reality TV show itself
    why waste 30 minutes to an hour of your time when you can just tune in to The Soup and see the good/funny stuff
    haven't seen it lately, but it's always good for a laugh
    Last edited by Innerhell; Oct 19, 2005 at 12:05 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast