Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebellion in Russia

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Rebellion in Russia

Has anyone heard or seen this, it seems really scary. I just wanna know, why there were Russian rebels?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rebellion in Russia

Grumble Grumble Grumble

So which war are you talking about??? The fall of the Czar and the Russian Civil War? The Great Patriotic War? The Breakup of the Soviet Union? The War in Chechnya?
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

No I'm talking about now/ today, it's on the news.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Here you go: News <--link
    Hope this helps.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Yeah, thanks, saw a news clip on TV. And why did they show a guy getting shot?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

The Scotsman <--(I love this newspaper.)

Reports in Moscow say the fight was triggered by the arrest the day before of several Islamic militants - called Wahhabists after the form of the religion they follow - by local police.

Up to 200 rebels launched an offensive early yesterday morning to capture the interior ministry headquarters where the arrested men were being held. By mid-morning, the building had fallen and black smoke was billowing from the roof.
    The army said it had identified six separate rebel units across the city, putting overall numbers at up to 200.

By early evening, the army said its mobile units were in control of the streets, with rebel units holding just two strongholds, thought to be the interior ministry and the police HQ where hostages were kept.
    But tensions have surfaced between Moscow and its mostly Muslim population in recent months over the decision to close some mosques, and after raids by security forces on suspected Chechen sympathisers.

Rebel groups have also attacked security forces in neighbouring Dagestan, where a fully-fledged guerrilla war is now in progress.
    My guess is they showed a guy being shot because people were being shot.

Russia has a problem with both muslim terrorists and seperatist nearby that area. Often they work together.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Russia has a problem with both muslim terrorists and seperatist nearby that area. Often they work together.
    There is more to it than simply Muslim terrorists. Yeah, I guess you could say "seperatists". They are rebels - Fighting to get Russia out of Chechneya. A lot of rebels happen to be Muslim, or some other religion. It is unfortunate, no matter the politics of it.

Many, many lives were lost, whether they be "terrorists", soldiers, or civilians. I know quite a few immigrants who left parts of Russia to get away from all the killing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose
    There is more to it than simply Muslim terrorists.
    Agreed. But I don't know enough about it to go in detail. I hope someone does because it would be nice to get the facts about where it started and just why it's happening.

I already said all I know. Terrorist + seperatists=death
    I have no pity as of yet for either of the above though. Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to torture school children deserve to be shot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast