Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recall of GITS Innocence DVD's

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Recall of GITS Innocence DVD's

If you bought the GITS Innoncence DVD region 1 when it came out you may have a deffective DVD. Dreamworks is recalling those first edition DVD's because they "forgot" to put the right subtitles on it, the first edition has only the SDH (subtitles for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired) not the regular english subtitles.

I have one of those DVDs, and will have it replaced. Dreamworks created a speciall page for the DVD replacement : http://recp.rm05.net/servlet/SignUpForm?f=2318

I hate dreamworks and their way of handling anime, but at least they are doing something to correct their mistakes...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Yeah, I saw this posted on ign.
    http://dvd.ign.com/articles/583/583572p1.html

Instead of using the subtitles from the theatrical run, the disc sports Closed Captioning for the hearing impaired. Plus, the fonts were large, ugly, and placed high on the screen.
    That's a pretty grave mistake if you ask me...

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    How can you sai that you have a DVD region 1! Cause I have the mivie on DVD. and it work perfectly....
    Coming soon.........

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoruss
    How can you sai that you have a DVD region 1! Cause I have the mivie on DVD. and it work perfectly....
    Where do you live... Region one DVD's are for North America.... The movie plays fine, the only problem is the subtitles.... The subtitles they put are the ones for hearing impaired....

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Ha ok I'am a little dumb for DVD thing. I only have a DVD player since 2 month....
    Coming soon.........

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm... would a defective dvd make a more collectable memorabilia? or is it just dumb?
    Got the message yon bon rickter! I won't be duped into buying such inconsistancies!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    Hmm... would a defective dvd make a more collectable memorabilia? or is it just dumb?
    Got the message yon bon rickter! I won't be duped into buying such inconsistancies!
    Dumb I would say... I'm not gonna spend another 20+ dollars on getting me a "good" dvd just to see if this one goes high on prize...

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Hmmmm, well thanks ~ I just saw the first Innocence edition at Waldenbooks, and was about to buy it, because I loved it. Well, are the "new" one's out there yet ?
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast