Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Recomendations for a new Manga reader...

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Recomendations for a new Manga reader...

But is it a heavy Blood/Action/Fighting manga like what he's looking for? I think not.

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks

good art, and lots of action, blood and guts in your face stuff with cool main characters.
    Berserk would definetly be number one. And, as previously stated, Battle Royale would be a good choice as well (though I've talked with quite a few people who "have problems" with the art style - I personally like it, but oh well).

Others:
    Anything drawn by Hara Tetsuo, such as:
    - Fist of the North Star (good art, lots of action, blood, in your face stuff, cool main character, etc.)
    - Fist of the Blue Sky (amazing art, lots of action, blood, in your face stuff, cool main characters, plus a decent storyline)
    - Keiji(same as the others in the art/action department, very good storyline since it is a kind of historical look at the Sengoku period of Japan with the Keiji Maeda character wandering around and defeating bad guys and stuff)

The only problem with these choices is that apparently there will be no more volumes released until some other company decides to pick them up.

Also, I hear Viz liscensed JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, which sounds like something you'd like. Sadly, I learned Viz is skipping the first 2 series of JoJo's (aka: the first twelve volumes) and heading right for series 3 (I'm guessing because it is the most popular around here). As long as they don't cut anything out (which they already have for their Advance Line series, disturbingly) then it looks like a perfect match, particularly for the "blood and guts in your face" sequences.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

i always recommend GTO its funny and teaches good morals in a different way. The anime is great and i heard the live shows are awesome.

Dai
    Otaku Dai may be famous one day Dai may be famous one day Dai's Avatar
    Thanks

Dn angel, Inuyasha, Naruto, Chobits
    It really depends on what you like
    All of these are comedy, romance, and fighting (exept in chobits)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3