Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Reincarnation

Greeting everyone:

We had a hot discussion on Reincarnation at the Temple..............it was very enlightening. So, I thought I would bring that up here, and hear the creative opinions of the cool AO gang.

So, do you guys believe in Reincarnation?

Just as the self advances through childhood, youth and old age in its physical body, so it advances to another body after death. The wise person is not confused by this change called death (2,13). Just as the body casts off worn out clothes and puts on new ones, so the infinite, immortal self casts off worn out bodies and enters into new ones (2,22).
    Your Thoughts?????
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 25, 2005 at 11:54 AM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reincarnation

Just as the self advances through childhood, youth and old age in its physical body, so it advances to another body after death. The wise person is not confused by this change called death (2,13).
    Agreed
    Just as the body casts off worn out clothes and puts on new ones, so the infinite, immortal self casts off worn out bodies and enters into new ones (2,22).
    Disagree

I don't believe in reincarnation because I do believe in Christ and Repentance and the two are diametrically opposed. It is not necessary to be reincarnated because we can repent and start over each day. This life is all we need to decide our eternal destiny, the change or new life we will live afterward. I also believe in the Resurection, after judgement, to a our own perfected body. Singular.

Really when you get down to it IMHO both beliefs are seeking the same thing however, perfection. It appears to me (feel free to clarify) that the purpose of reincarnation is to seek perfection through the progression of the soul through multiple lives. The purpose of repentance is to seek perfection (exaltation) through daily repentance and the purification it brings in this life. Whatever your belief in the path I consider it a worthy goal.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I respect you beliefs and reasons, Arrianna-garu. The quote that I mentioned was said by Lord krishna in our Sacred Scriptures and also by Lord Buddha. Please correct me if I am wrong, but my master has told us that Christianity does imply reincarnation. Please forgive me if I am wrong.

Biblical texts that seem to imply reincarnation
    The most "convincing" texts of this kind are the following:
    1) Matthew 11,14 and 17,12-13, concerning the identity of John the Baptist;
    2) John 9,2, "Who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?";
    3) John 3,3, "No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again";
    4) James 3,6, "the wheel of nature";
    5) Galatians 6,7, "A man reaps what he sows".
    6) Matthew 26,52, ”all who draw the sword will die by the sword”.
    7) Revelation 13,10, ”If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed.”
    I believe reincarnation as a way of a chance given to attain nirvana or moksha and for self-realization. It just baffles me to think a person, who has commited so many sins, is given forgiven in a single life. Of course, God always forgives, but he also maintains justice for all living creatures. So, it is like a chance given to retake the test and to do good in this world.

If the virtuous man who has not done any evil act in this birth suffers, this is due to some wrong act that he may have committed in his previous birth. He will have his compensation in his next birth. If the wicked man who daily does many evil actions apparently enjoys in this birth, this is due to some good Karma he must have done in his previous birth. he will have compensation in his next birth. He will suffer in the next birth. The law of compensation is inexorable and relentless.
    I truly mean no offense to anyone..............sorry if you think otherwise. I am not an expert like my master at this field.................. The knowledge that I have amount to nothing in front my master and to yours......so, forgive me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 25, 2005 at 02:31 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

but my master has told us that Christianity does imply reincarnation
    Not quite. The "born again" the bible speaks of is a spiritual rebirth not a physical one. One can be "born again" daily if necessary. It is also a metephor for a change of heart or true conversion.

Of course, God always forgives, but he also maintains justice for all living creatures.
    Agreed. You see, that's where Christ comes in. If he wasn't willing to pay the price so the "measure of the law"/"law of compensation" could be paid for those who repent then it would be impossible to be forgiven in any lifetime. Justice and Mercy, hand in hand.

Again, the same basic beliefs but a different path to the conclusion.

The one difference is the reason for trials. The reference you gave, John 9,2? is answered in the next verse; "Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him." It is said that we are given trials so that the works of God may be manifest as we turn to him, that we may be purified by them (as metal is forged in fire), that we may prove what kind of person we are by our choices, and lastly as a testiment of the actions of others. Sometimes trials are the result of others wrong choices. Our own experience of the consequences thereof stand as proof against them in the end. How we handle them is testiment for or against us.

I know it's hard to believe since we are all so imperfect but that is the promise given in repentance. If we repent though our sins be scarlet they will be white as snow. That through Christ the full measure of the law has been paid.

No offense is taken and I will assume the same.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Agreed
    Disagree

I don't believe in reincarnation because I do believe in Christ and Repentance and the two are diametrically opposed. It is not necessary to be reincarnated because we can repent and start over each day. This life is all we need to decide our eternal destiny, the change or new life we will live afterward. I also believe in the Resurection, after judgement, to a our own perfected body. Singular.

Really when you get down to it IMHO both beliefs are seeking the same thing however, perfection. It appears to me (feel free to clarify) that the purpose of reincarnation is to seek perfection through the progression of the soul through multiple lives. The purpose of repentance is to seek perfection (exaltation) through daily repentance and the purification it brings in this life. Whatever your belief in the path I consider it a worthy goal.
    Who says reincarnation has to always be about trying to get things right thru perfection. It could just be about not letting a good virtuous person die. Also Maybe your taking the bible too literal. Whos not to say god dont allow good virtuous souls to be reborn for the simple reason of a reward for their saintly ways.

I know many christian ppl Arrianna that believe in both beliefs.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 25, 2005 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks

Once again, I respect your reasons and convictions, Arrianna-garu. Actually, I do believe in Lord Jesus Christ, also as the Son of the Supreme God. I know what Lord Jesus Christ did, he paid for the sins that humans have committed. He only did it once to show what sacrifice is all about and to show some light to the blind human beings. But, from thereafter, leaving creatures have to pay for their own sins.

How come some people, who are beyond kind, face so much suffering? Like my master's granddaughter------she lost her parents when she was two years old, and also lost the inheritance of the money that her parents saved for her. Some stupid rich man showed some wrong proof and took all of the money as price for the debt that her parents made.

Also, how come that stupid rich man, who treats people sooo badly, have been given a life full of prosperity and happiness?

God will always be watching them---------------since The Divine Lord is kind, he will give them a second chance to pay off his karma, but he will never pays for the sins that fat pig has committed.

I meant no offense to you, Arrianna-garu, I never do.....................
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 25, 2005 at 03:27 PM.

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

but is it also not true that Christ forgives? is it not also true that Christ faced his enemies and did not fight back?
    as long as one knows what he has done wrong, he will suffer no punishment for living with the akcnowledgement of his own sins is true suffering, for one is aware of what damage one caused.
    the problem with Christianity is that it was written by man in the words of God. in other words, it has been misenterpreted. however, there are hints of reincarnation in Christianity. the second coming of Christ, the dead shall rise once more. i don't think that is meant that zombies and mummies will walk our streets (God isn't that humurous) but that the dead will live again. thus... reincarnation.
    so i agree with Kedar and i do beleive in it because it would be just too sad to die and never live again. think of all the things i will never do again or never even will do...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    but is it also not true that Christ forgives? is it not also true that Christ faced his enemies and did not fight back?
    as long as one knows what he has done wrong, he will suffer no punishment for living with the akcnowledgement of his own sins is true suffering, for one is aware of what damage one caused.
    the problem with Christianity is that it was written by man in the words of God. in other words, it has been misenterpreted. however, there are hints of reincarnation in Christianity. the second coming of Christ, the dead shall rise once more. i don't think that is meant that zombies and mummies will walk our streets (God isn't that humurous) but that the dead will live again. thus... reincarnation.
    so i agree with Kedar and i do beleive in it because it would be just too sad to die and never live again. think of all the things i will never do again or never even will do...
    Now thats what i was thinking. Reincarnation and christanity can go hand in hand.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast