Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    the problem with Christianity is that it was written by man in the words of God. in other words, it has been misenterpreted.
    Since I am part time monk at the Temple here, I do study theology and I did come across something that FallenAngel said. I haven't read the whole Holy Bible, but I am aware about some of the main themes in this sacred book. So, I cannot say or talk about something that I haven't read------I would make myself stupid in front of you all. I thought that the kings had a influence on the Holy Bible-----so, they might have edited or modified some concepts.

Please correct me if I am wrong in any ways.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Once again, I respect your reasons and convictions, Arrianna-garu. Actually, I do believe in Lord Jesus Christ, also as the Son of the Supreme God. I know what Lord Jesus Christ did, he paid for the sins that humans have committed. He only did it once to show what sacrifice is all about and to show some light to the blind human beings. But, from thereafter, leaving creatures have to pay for their own sins.
    Different beliefs. According to the Bible he payed for everyone who repents. The example is in how he lived/we should live. (Follow me and do the things I do.)

How come some people, who are beyond kind, face so much suffering? Like my master's granddaughter------she lost her parents when she was two years old, and also lost the inheritance of the money that her parents saved for her. Some stupid rich man showed some wrong proof and took all of the money as price for the debt that her parents made.

Also, how come that stupid rich man, who treats people sooo badly, have been given a life full of prosperity and happiness?
    There is more then one type of trial. Often prosperity is a trial. I have seen it happen time and time again. Someone who is humble and kind becomes wealthy and ceases to care for others.

God will always be watching them---------------since The Divine Lord is kind, he will give them a second chance to pay off his karma, but he will never pays for the sins that fat pig has committed.

I meant no offense to you, Arrianna-garu, I never do.....................
    Again, agreed.

It's reincarnation or resurection FallenAngel. No they are not the same nor are they compatible. (Thinking otherwise shows only a lack of understanding of basic tenants of Christianity.) Reincarnation is the physical rebirth into a new body, a baby. Resurection is the raising up of the mortal body you were born into, as you were when you died.

What I find fascinating however is the things that are similar. Correct me if I'm wrong but the point of reincarnation is perfection or exaltation? Trying again and again until you get it right? That there is a law of Justice which must be paid one way or the other? As I said before, these things are the same. It is a theme I have found in many religions. The only difference being how each believes that price can be paid, how perfection can be attained.

Since this thread is supposed to be about reincarnation however and not resurection (I mentioned it only to explain why I do not believe in the first) I would love to hear more about what those who do believe in reincarnation do believe. How does it work? I have heard there is more than one veiw on that as well.

PS. kedar, there are no stupid questions only stupid answers. The influence on the old testiment is actually from the Sadducees not the Kings. They were an aristocratic sect of preists that have not existed since about 70 AD.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Different beliefs. According to the Bible he payed for everyone who repents. The example is in how he lived/we should live. (Follow me and do the things I do.)

There is more then one type of trial. Often prosperity is a trial. I have seen it happen time and time again. Someone who is humble and kind becomes wealthy and ceases to care for others.

Again, agreed.

It's reincarnation or resurection FallenAngel. No they are not the same nor are they compatible. (Thinking otherwise shows only a lack of understanding of basic tenants of Christianity.) Reincarnation is the physical rebirth into a new body, a baby. Resurection is the raising up of the mortal body you were born into, as you were when you died.

What I find fascinating however is the things that are similar. Correct me if I'm wrong but the point of reincarnation is perfection or exaltation? Trying again and again until you get it right? That there is a law of Justice which must be paid one way or the other? As I said before, these things are the same. It is a theme I have found in many religions. The only difference being how each believes that price can be paid, how perfection can be attained.

Since this thread is supposed to be about reincarnation however and not resurection (I mentioned it only to explain why I do not believe in the first) I would love to hear more about what those who do believe in reincarnation do believe. How does it work? I have heard there is more than one veiw on that as well.

PS. kedar, there are no stupid questions only stupid answers. The influence on the old testiment is actually from the Sadducees not the Kings. They were an aristocratic sect of preists that have not existed since about 70 AD.

So did you see what i posted Arrianna? Why does reincarnation have to be about perfection or exaltation? Cant christanity and reincarnation go hand in hand? I think so and so do my other christian friends.

Also I didnt think you answered kedars question correctly. I think he wanted to know why god let a man like that live a full and happy prosperious life with the things he did?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 25, 2005 at 04:40 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    So did you see what i posted Arrianna? Why does reincarnation have to be about perfection or exaltation?

Also I didnt think you answered correctly. I think he wanted to know why god let a man like that live a full and happy prosperious life with the things he did?
    I did, I saw no reason to give you the fight you seem to have been looking for lately.

If reincarnation is not about those things then I would expect Keder to tell me I'm wrong.

I did answer. Money does not = happiness. It is often more difficult to be happy when you are wealthy. I have seen this many times. Just as I have seen that most trials are not visible to those around us. Do not assume because someone does not appear to have any problems that they are free from trial. That is the correct answer. I can't make you or anyone else understand however. You have to choose that for yourself. That is the beautiful part of choice. We may not choose our trials but we can choose what we will do and believe. That is why I love learning more about others beliefs as well as sharing my own. We all grow through understanding each other. Something I believe Keder knows as well.

[edit]
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Cant christanity and reincarnation go hand in hand? I think so and so do my other christian friends.
    No, quite simply, it can't. I have already explained why.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Nov 25, 2005 at 04:55 PM.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Reincarnation is the physical rebirth into a new body, a baby. Resurection is the raising up of the mortal body you were born into, as you were when you died.
    I know the difference, but in either cases, the soul of that individual is still the same..............it doesn't change. As been said in our scriptures: Just as the body casts off worn out clothes and puts on new ones, so the infinite, immortal self casts off worn out bodies and enters into new ones (2,22). I also know that Lord Jesus Christ came back to life in his own form, for if he did not, the foolish humans would not have believed that it is him. Then again, The Divine Lord doesn't have a humanlike form. For example, Lord Vishnu came to earth in nine different avatars (incarnations, not reincarnations), the ninth one being Lord Buddha according to our sacred scriptures.

The example is in how he lived/we should live. (Follow me and do the things I do.)
    That is a fact, of course. I do believe that. But, there aren't any humans in this world, who can lead the same divine life that Lord Christ did. They can get closer, but they can never be him. If all of them were that divine, they would already achieved salvation. It is very hard to do a lot of good in the life that one have done so many wrong acts................like serial killers. I cannot even comphrend the thought that a serial killer would be forgiven, just like that.

I don't think the point of reincarnation is to attain perfection. One of the point is to pay off the Karma that one has, by doing a lot of good deeds. One can try to know a lot about everything in this world, but that doesn't grant him salvation if he has a lot of Karma to pay off.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 25, 2005 at 04:53 PM.

Thanks

It is very hard to do a lot of good in the life that one have done so many wrong acts................like serial killers. I cannot even comphrend the thought that a serial killer would be forgiven, just like that.
    I doubt that as well. But then in Christianity not everyone reaches exaltation. I guess the equvilant would be saying some people are roaches by choice.

I don't think the point of reincarnation is to attain perfection. One of the point is to pay off the Karma that one has, by doing a lot of good deeds. One can try to know a lot about everything in this world, but that doesn't grant him salvation if he has a lot of Karma to pay off.
    Ahh, now we're back on subject. So what happens when that karma is paid? Is there not a level of ... I don't know the word, trancendence? Some point when it is no longer necessary to be reincarnated? I have done a little reading on the subject but all I know is that there is as many different sects on this as there is types of prodestants. I plead only enough knowledge to realize my ignorance.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I did, I saw no reason to give you the fight you seem to have been looking for lately.

If reincarnation is not about those things then I would expect Keder to tell me I'm wrong.

I did answer. Money does not = happiness. It is often more difficult to be happy when you are wealthy. I have seen this many times. Just as I have seen that most trials are not visible to those around us. Do not assume because someone does not appear to have any problems that they are free from trial. That is the correct answer. I can't make you or anyone else understand however. You have to choose that for yourself. That is the beautiful part of choice. We may not choose our trials but we can choose what we will do and believe. That is why I love learning more about others beliefs as well as sharing my own. We all grow through understanding each other. Something I believe Keder knows as well.

[edit] No, quite simply, it can't. I have already explained why.

Nah, Im not looking for a fight. I respect you too much to do that, just didnt know why you didnt answer me.

You stated reasons from the bible that states were not reincarnated. Seeing this book was written by man, and was changes throught out the past by ppl in power. Couldnt we(Christian ppl) have mis-interpreted something? Maybe we are reincarnated after we die?

Newbie loved4once may be famous one day loved4once may be famous one day loved4once's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that it is possible and that it is a choice you make.

All is calm in this eternal sleep; here grief forgets to groan and love to weep.”
    -Alexander Pope

*My myspace*
    Check out the a cool new site for anime/manga lovers!!!
    {Anime Heaven}

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast