Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Religion

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish3
    I am christian although i dont practise that much and whats up with satanism not that im thinking of becoming a satanist but whats up with it?
    the deal with Satanists is that they believe Satan is "misunderstood" and was really trying to bring us out of "a puppet show"...

however, they're mostly pussy cats at heart who have been hurt and refuse to see the good in suffering.... JESUS ROCKS!!! rock that cross, homie!!!!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    the deal with Satanists is that they believe Satan is "misunderstood" and was really trying to bring us out of "a puppet show"...

however, they're mostly pussy cats at heart who have been hurt and refuse to see the good in suffering.... JESUS ROCKS!!! rock that cross, homie!!!!
    That, or they're just....... well, stupid. XD

<_< .....what exactly do you mean by "rock the cross"?

I mean, that's a cool motto and all... but now that I think about it, I have no idea what it means.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

ummm.... i haven't really done much thinking beyond "hey that sounds cool..."

but.... umm... ching!

i think it means to be proud of your faith... to rock is to wear with pride... not exactly proud that He had to die so brutally, but that God loves us enough to do so...

and yes, i am a Christian... not the run-of-the-mill kind either.... i'm nice AND understanding... at least i like to think i am.... ^_^

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi

ummm.... i haven't really done much thinking beyond "hey that sounds cool..."

but.... umm... ching!

i think it means to be proud of your faith... to rock is to wear with pride... not exactly proud that He had to die so brutally, but that God loves us enough to do so...

and yes, i am a Christian... not the run-of-the-mill kind either.... i'm nice AND understanding... at least i like to think i am.... ^_^
    nice and understanding AND intimidatingly prone to being ignored. ¬u¬

... Well, if that's so... then I "rock the cross", too!

... <_< But what about Buddha? .... "rub the belly"?

>.< Sumimasen! I must've stepped out of line! I meant it as a joke! A joke! ...a weak joke, but a joke nonetheless! Don't take it offensively!

^__^ Religion. I still think it's silly to have wars against each other for it.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

in terms of religion, I am a deist christian, if that makes sense. Here is the thing, I agree with christianity about god and jesus however alot of the bible and the teachings of christianity I do not agree with. I find that deism beliefs go more hand in hand with what I believe however, one of the tenants of deism is that Jesus was not a savior but a prophet or a sage. Because I still believe in Jesus as my savior, I am not a deist but because I do not fully take the bible, I am not christian. So, thats where I am.

As for religion, religion is a part of our core, it makes us who we are, However I believe that religion has become corrupted, religion is consistently used as a way to cause suffering and to further someone's own agenda. Many lives are lost just because of somebody not agreeing with another persons religion. I don't like religion because all it ever seems to do is caue people more suffering than necessary. Also, I think religion itself is flawed system that needs to be reworked, it seems that which ever man created relgion didn't intend for it to control our lives or to be the tool of those who seek to destroy others because they don't think like they do.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Feb 18, 2006 at 07:26 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Oh, I am not trying to say that you should believe in other religions. I respect for what you believe in as always. All that I was trying to say is that, if one digs down deep into any religion, all basically speak of the same truth about The Divine God. The Divine God has neither a form nor any attributes, and that is the cornerstone of all religions. However, The Divine God appears in different forms at different places of the world, so people, who are always inclined to seeing things superficially, consider the different forms of The Divine God as being different Gods. That is just my belief, and no one needs to buy it. I show my utmost respect to the convictions of other because I expect the same.

P.S. Oh Blue, I am not trying to prove myself as being correct or anything like that. It is just a friendly argument. If I offended you by any means, please do forgive me.
    None taken.

I soooooort of disagree, though. I don't think that God really takes on different forms. He probably could if He wanted to, but hey, instead of showing Himself differently to different people, why not just be Himself? If people refuse to accept God for who He is, then that's just too bad for them. I don't know who's right and who's wrong, and I may be blabbering a lot of nonsense for all I'm concerned, but I think that a lot of religions came about because of man's misinterpretation of God's being. Kinda like a guy sitting under a tree, thinking about all that happened in his life, and suddenly jumping up and going, "Well, if this and that happened to me in such and such a way, then God must be..." and so on and so forth.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel
    I soooooort of disagree, though. I don't think that God really takes on different forms. He probably could if He wanted to, but hey, instead of showing Himself differently to different people, why not just be Himself? If people refuse to accept God for who He is, then that's just too bad for them. I don't know who's right and who's wrong, and I may be blabbering a lot of nonsense for all I'm concerned, but I think that a lot of religions came about because of man's misinterpretation of God's being. Kinda like a guy sitting under a tree, thinking about all that happened in his life, and suddenly jumping up and going, "Well, if this and that happened to me in such and such a way, then God must be..." and so on and so forth.
    Sorry! I don't want to go off topic and discuss it further, though I love to participate in theological debates. Anyways, since I mentioned about the different forms, I will try to explain why that The Divine God would come as in different forms. First off, it has nothing to do with The Divine God being Himself or not. As I mentioned before, The Divine God is amorphous (has neither shape nor form), however, The Divine God takes on a Human form or of the sort to make people better understand what that The Divine God is trying to convey. You see, if The Divine God is the same as always spiritually (The Supersoul), does it matter if The Divine God looks different, superficially? The Divine God is always the same like the truth itself. For example, the truth is taught in different ways in different places, while the truth that all convey is the same. So, has the Truth changed? Is it different?

To simply answer the whole question, it is just the fact of the matter that The Divine God tests people. If The Divine God were to come as in the same form over and over again, all that have seen Him will recognize right away and act accordingly. But, that would be too simple. The Divine God wants to see if people can recognize even if the The Divine God comes in different forms, for that will be the ultimate test. The Divine God tests! As The Divine God said, one should learn to love all thing equally, regardless of the form of the things like color, race, etc.

Newbie Lucky 13 may be famous one day Lucky 13 may be famous one day Lucky 13's Avatar
    Thanks

I have not devoted myself to any religion but yet I still have my views on them. I have always found that it is hard make my mind up on who is the almighty and overseeing in life.

Made by the great Sazuka

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast