Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 49 to 56 of 67

Thread: Religion

  1. #49
    Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Monk Society
    Posts
    3,006
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chan
    Is Zen Buddhism buddhism...this sect seems so pure...
    Is your question: Is Zen Buddhism a form of buddhism?

  2. #50
    Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    I will be where the wind blows
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Is your question: Is Zen Buddhism a form of buddhism?
    yes...it seems there are so many schools out there like the Theravada, Mahayana, pureland schools...I have read a couple of zen literatures thats really inspirational. The book "The zen teachings of bodhidharma" trully enlightened me...

  3. #51
    Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Monk Society
    Posts
    3,006
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chan
    yes...it seems there are so many schools out there like the Theravada, Mahayana, pureland schools...I have read a couple of zen literatures thats really inspirational. The book "The zen teachings of bodhidharma" trully enlightened me...
    Dude! You know a lot about other religions, even though you are Christian. That is really impressive. Oh yes, Zen Buddhism is the form introduced by bodhidharma, a South Indian Monk, to Japan. Chan Buddhism is similarly introduced by bodhidharma to China. Anyways. Me too, I have read almost all books, and they are very beautiful.

  4. #52
    Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    I will be where the wind blows
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Dude! You know a lot about other religions, even though you are Christian. That is really impressive. Oh yes, Zen Buddhism is the form introduced by bodhidharma, a South Indian Monk, to Japan. Chan Buddhism is similarly introduced by bodhidharma to China. Anyways. Me too, I have read almost all books, and they are very beautiful.
    i find that it strengthens my christian beliefs considerably...thanks for the update kedar

  5. #53
    Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Religion

    To simply answer the whole question, it is just the fact of the matter that The Divine God tests people. If The Divine God were to come as in the same form over and over again, all that have seen Him will recognize right away and act accordingly. But, that would be too simple. The Divine God wants to see if people can recognize even if the The Divine God comes in different forms, for that will be the ultimate test. The Divine God tests! As The Divine God said, one should learn to love all thing equally, regardless of the form of the things like color, race, etc.
    U know u are making a big mistake and i need to show u that the divine God as u say is omnipresent and he doesn't have to visit or appear in different form becaus e he know what u are and are doing all the time so it has nothing to do with the fact that ppl will react accordingly if i may say.
    The fact of the God is ultimate Supersoul as u put it but then again he doesn't need us to help him get something done He is the one that decided that man shall have a choice if he wants me as his God or someone else and for the fact that there are only two choices God or fallen angels that disguise themselfs as god's so that they can corrupt what is so presious to God his creation.
    So don't be fooled by the fact that he would disguise himself he will not and ppl who live their lives accorrding to his word will not act accordingly when they see Him they will act like they always do and that my friend is no Falacy.

    So like i said and others Religeon devides ppl because believe is a choice that everybody makes and whenever they feel they are ready for the road ahead and neither me or u or anybody else can say someone is wrong because it is their God given right to choose.

  6. #54
    Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Religion

    Kedar
    A religious lesson. Get ready!

    The idea of reincarnation originated in Hinduism, but was also described in Buddhism. You see, Lord Buddha himself is the ninth incarnation of The Divine God. In fact, if you study both of these religions, they are exactly the same! It is just that Hindus believe and worship in all incarnations of The Divine God, who is just one, but Buddhists believe in just Lord Buddha. However, the teaching of both Hinduism and Buddhism are alike.
    Did u say the ninth encarnation well i amd sorry man u have the cat at its tail and I amd not starting something that is like flaming or something or disrespect.
    But what i am saying has he reincarnated 9 times.
    Pls in the Future what ever u say about religeon use the Term Lord Buhda and not the Devine God because my God is the Devine God too and it is definitely not the same and we could maybe agree with something because termonoligy is wrong.

    Thanks i would appreciate it.

  7. #55
    Newbie BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Currently... Lanham MD
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    in terms of religion, I am a deist christian, if that makes sense. Here is the thing, I agree with christianity about god and jesus however alot of the bible and the teachings of christianity I do not agree with. I find that deism beliefs go more hand in hand with what I believe however, one of the tenants of deism is that Jesus was not a savior but a prophet or a sage. Because I still believe in Jesus as my savior, I am not a deist but because I do not fully take the bible, I am not christian. So, thats where I am.

    As for religion, religion is a part of our core, it makes us who we are, However I believe that religion has become corrupted, religion is consistently used as a way to cause suffering and to further someone's own agenda. Many lives are lost just because of somebody not agreeing with another persons religion. I don't like religion because all it ever seems to do is caue people more suffering than necessary. Also, I think religion itself is flawed system that needs to be reworked, it seems that which ever man created relgion didn't intend for it to control our lives or to be the tool of those who seek to destroy others because they don't think like they do.
    Woah.... Christian = little Christ... Comes from greek. It was the name given for all those who believed in Jesus. If you say you believe that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, then you are Christian, whether you believe everything the Bible says or not. And one small question... If you accept the claim that Jesus was the Messiah, and is your Savior (which by the way, is easily the most radical claim ever made in the Bible), then how could you not accept the rest. Also, what exactly do you not accept? It just seems a little odd.

    Btw... I'm Christian also. Non-denominational.
    ~|*BBoy|*|PHoeNiX*|~
    Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword, I can not embrace you.

  8. #56
    Newbie Sniper06 may be famous one day Sniper06 may be famous one day Sniper06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    War zones around the globe.....
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Religion

    I am in a christian religion but also I also believe the other religions cause they will not go to it if they dont believe in it right.....?
    Also one God make us and that's what I truly believe.....
    But here starts a big question..... Doyou believe in God?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Should gaming be considered a religion?
    By The Truth in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2005, 03:35 PM
  2. What religion are you?
    By Brittle_Bullet999 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Aug 21, 2005, 10:59 AM
  3. Should schools teach religion?
    By ketaro in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: Aug 15, 2005, 11:40 PM
  4. prezidents and religion
    By animechick in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2005, 12:52 PM
  5. Is Atheism a Religion?
    By Stormraven in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2005, 06:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts